New Michelin Endurance XT silicone wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw these at WM and decided to splurge, since I was due to replace wiper blades soon. Brand new, latest and greatest beam blade from Michelin, silicone, lasts 2 million wipes, plus water-repellancy like the Rain-X wipers, etc.

https://michelinmedia.com/pages/blog/detail/article/c0/a910/

If all that is close to true, it will be worth the $41 I paid. My personal record for wipers, which will last a long time. (Both the wipers and the record.) Put them on in the parking lot, ran them 5 minutes on a clear dry windshield as the instructions say, tested them with washer fluid a few times. Great so far. Rain tomorrow. We shall see.

Also had a unique wiper installation experience: As I was watching the wipers go back and forth on a dry windshield for 5 minutes, I looked up and saw Air Force 2 come in for a landing at a nearby airport. VP Pence was in the area today. Folks in the WM parking lot did not seem to care.

My first time with Michelin, too....

Last edited:
I buy the cheapest,,seem to work for me.....wipers prices can really mess up your wallet..
coffee2.gif

I remember seeing those sometime back at WM. I hope they work out for you. Michelin wipers -- especially their beam ones -- have iffy reviews.

Originally Posted by mclasser
I remember seeing those sometime back at WM. I hope they work out for you. Michelin wipers -- especially their beam ones -- have iffy reviews.

These were just released this month, per the Michelin website. First time I've seen a silicone Michelin blade, but I am not an obsessive shopper of wiper blades except when it's close to time to replace them.

FWIW, I pay about 50 bucks for REFILLS from Nissan.

Stupid car uses odd wiper sizes and everybody has the drivers side, but the tiny passenger side is special order, and so is the rear(hatch door) blade (that NOBODY has in stock)as well.

Stupid to do this on a economy car, and worse is you install aftermarket wipers, many of them will block your spray nozzles requiring adjustment.....the oem's are aerodynamic.

The refills are Japanese made, and they last over a year.

Originally Posted by faramir9
Originally Posted by mclasser

These were just released this month, per the Michelin website. First time I've seen a silicone Michelin blade, but I am not an obsessive shopper of wiper blades except when it's close to time to replace them.

I saw them back in April. Even made a thread about it.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL

Stupid car uses odd wiper sizes and everybody has the drivers side, but the tiny passenger side is special order, and so is the rear(hatch door) blade (that NOBODY has in stock)as well.

Stupid to do this on a economy car, and worse is you install aftermarket wipers, many of them will block your spray nozzles requiring adjustment.....the oem's are aerodynamic.

I got the next side up and cut them to the smaller size. The to were the same price. Mine were rubber with the metal inserts that you reuse. piece of cake.

I stand corrected, mclasser. I saw your thread. Not sure what to make of the link in my OP from Michelin. In any case, I will update this thread when the snow flies.

I like the Bosch Icon blades personally. I order them online through Advance Auto and use one of their online coupons to save some decent money. I've bought several brands of blades over the years that would chatter even when new. These never have.

I have tried all brands. Now I buy wipers at Ocean State Job Lot for $4-5 per wiper. Last time they were NAPA Curve brand. Have also gotten Michelin there and various others. Wipers are a consumable just like washer fluid. For eight bucks a set I replace them twice a year on average.

Please let us know with night driving in the rain and if after each swipe, your windshield haze's or "White-Out" after each swipe noticeable with over head street-lights, or on-coming traffic headlights. I won't use RainX due to this terrible anomaly, and I think the silicone blades will do the same.......

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL

I've drove Nissan since 03 and always had good luck with rain x fusion wipers, never an issue with the washer function. I got an unbelievable buy on some Bosch icons but haven't needed them yet as the rain x last at least a year.

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
I buy the cheapest,,seem to work for me.....wipers prices can really mess up your wallet..
coffee2.gif

Do you remember the Fram wiper refills from the 70-80's? Streaking and squealing before you got out of the parking lot.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by cadchris
Please let us know with night driving in the rain and if after each swipe, your windshield haze's or "White-Out" after each swipe noticeable with over head street-lights, or on-coming traffic headlights. I won't use RainX due to this terrible anomaly, and I think the silicone blades will do the same.......

That's why I will never use rainx again!!

I use rainx washer fluid and Michelin or Rainx silicon blades, I forget. Very impressed. Don't like the rainx winshield treatment. Collects way too much dust and makes vision really bad in dry weather. Silicon blades are the way to go. They last many years instead of having to hunt down the right blade every year. I just replaced the driver side wiper. I don't sit on the passenger seat. They just have to get used to it or walk.

I replace mine with some silicone blades I bought off of eBay for $7.00 shipped from China and they've been great in all weather conditions. Best thing is they're QUIET.
Paid $50.00 for some fancy PIAA blades and they sucked. Noisy if it wasn't raining hard enough and sometimes wouldn't wipe very good if driving in high winds.
Waiting 9 days for the $7.00 blades was worth it. Ordered a second set for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back