Name a good alcohol wine/beverage for a beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer sweet wines and the more natural the better.

Tried:
Kendall Jackson Reserve Red Melot: Dry dry gag gag

Anry Orchard hard cider original: I can only drink half a bottle, not sweet enough.

Beringer Pink Moscato Main & Vine: the only alcoholic beverage I enjoy without gagging

Manischewitz Blackberry: I like it, but it is loaded with artificial flavors, I want something more natural

I do not drink beer.

Never liked the sweets unless paired with the right dessert after a good dinner.

I recommend going merlot. Then moving forward to Cabernet and Chianti. Those are my favorites. I'm also good with a nice Chardonnay. Just my taste
wink.gif

A lot of people start out drinking sweet wines, nothing wrong with that. If you like wine, over time your tastes go dryer. I like dry wines but i started when i was young with the sweet muscadine wines.

This winery has sweet wines, and they are Native American owned. We buy some to support them, and give it as gifts. Excellent wines if you like sweet, ( I like Cabs myself).

I recommend the Redhawk. Less sweet is their Warhorse Red.

You won't be disappointed.

http://nativevineswinery.com/

Last edited:
Any Merlot is a good entry-level red, but I guess your taste has not yet developed to that point.
We're currently having a Beaujolais Nouveau with dinner and while it isn't sweet it's quite nice.
Any Riesling is usually not too dry and very fruity.
Try one from Germany or Cali. Some from Oz may not be to you liking.
You might go to a few wine tastings and learn to better appreciate what it is you're trying.
One needs to learn to appreciate wine.

MD 20/20
lol.gif

I recently played a joke on my wife. I went to the local bad neighborhood liquor store and got a bottle of MD 20/20. Wrapped the bottle in several brown bags and took it home to wifey. "Here, Honey, I brought us some wine for dinner"

The facial expression on opening the bag was priceless.

For a good laugh, look up bum wine dot com

The question is why drink at all if you don't care for much of it I as a person wouldn't look down at some one if they don't care for the taste.
With that said maybe a simple wine spritzer is what your looking for honestly I don't think you care for the taste of alcohol and nothing wrong with that.

I enjoy Gin and Tonic or Gin and anything like lemonade/citrus juices. Just don't taste the Gin by itself as a beginner.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
The OP should try a sangria. Go to a steakhouse and order one.

I used to own a bar and that was my first thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back