Best Oil for 2019 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel?

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Delo XSP meets the spec, and seems to be reasonably priced.

No it doesn't

Valvoline premium blue is like 13 bucks a gallon and is great oil. No need to get crazy with this engine.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Valvoline premium blue is like 13 bucks a gallon and is great oil. No need to get crazy with this engine.

Except that Valvoline Premium Blue (except "Extreme") does not meet the spec.

Originally Posted by BillyE

It does. For some reason they call it "heavy duty" in the list

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't see any ford spec on that list on the bottle the only Valvoline 15w-40 I see on the ford list is the nextgen heavy duty and that oil pictured does not appear to be it

Last edited:
I don't see where valvoline premium blue 8600 has the Ford F1 approval. I don't see it on the list, don't see it on the bottle, don't see it on the PI sheet online.

It's on the list as heavy duty. It's there
Not nexgen heavy duty, just heavy duty on page 8

Last edited:
It's on the list as heavy duty. It's there
Not nexgen heavy duty, just heavy duty on page 8

Why do you think that's the oil called heavy duty, and why is it not on the product sheet or bottle?

I guess looking through the data sheets that cs rep could have been full of it

The owners manual says 10W30 CK-4 or if using biodiesel blend, which nearly every gas station is now selling B5 diesel, you may use use 15W40 CK-4. By the way the owners manual does not say you must follow the Ford spec it just lists weight and CK-4. I doubt Ford's list is enforceable, because the owner's manual says CK-4.

Buy Traveller 15W40 at Tractor Supply Company it is dirt cheap $54.99 a 5 gallon bucket and frequently on sale for far less, and happens to be on the list. It's a dumb list to be sure, but that's Ford Motor Company for you.

Originally Posted by wdn
The owners manual says 10W30 CK-4 or if using biodiesel blend, which nearly every gas station is now selling B5 diesel, you may use use 15W40 CK-4. By the way the owners manual does not say you must follow the Ford spec it just lists weight and CK-4. I doubt Ford's list is enforceable, because the owner's manual says CK-4.

This is very interesting to me. My 2017 Job 1 truck lists CJ-4 and I assumed that the newer owners manuals listed the new spec. Very strange that the newer ones list CK-4 when Ford clearly has said that CK-4 is not a sufficient spec for the 6.7. What year is your truck?

Originally Posted by wdn

This is very interesting to me. My 2017 Job 1 truck lists CJ-4 and I assumed that the newer owners manuals listed the new spec. Very strange that the newer ones list CK-4 when Ford clearly has said that CK-4 is not a sufficient spec for the 6.7. What year is your truck?

There are plenty of CK-4 oils on Ford's approved list for the 6.7L:

Ford Approved CK-4 Oils

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Originally Posted by wdn

There are plenty of CK-4 oils on Ford's approved list for the 6.7L:

Ford Approved CK-4 Oils

Yes, I know that. In fact, to meet the spec they must also meet CK-4. But CK-4 alone is insufficient, at least according to Ford.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Originally Posted by wdn
There are plenty of CK-4 oils on Ford's approved list for the 6.7L: Ford Approved CK-4 Oils
Yes, I know that. In fact, to meet the spec they must also meet CK-4. But CK-4 alone is insufficient, at least according to Ford.
That horse has left the gate...a looong time ago. Ford with its seemingly infinite inability to adopt a standard created its own standard about a month before CK-4 deputed. Very little CJ-4 on the shelves these days (I just offloaded about 40 gallons of it). so if one cannot find one of the oils on the list, on is stuck using CK-4 without the -F1 Ford approval--another one of Ford's better ideas...

That is the 2019 Ford F-350 owners manual I posted a page from, and it says "API CK-4" classification and says nothing else. As you could see, that is the spec for the 6.7L diesel in the F-350.

Back