Wix made in Korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
I personally wasn't to impressed with the XP on my eclipse due to it seeping oil ...

Seems to be a recurring thing with Wix.

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
I have a Napa gold 1334 filter that was made by MH in the USA and it was shrinkwrapped. I know that some older posts here going back a few years show the same filter made in SK in both wix and napa editions. I am wondering if they have the production of that filter in multiple locations since it seems to be a big volume application.

Originally Posted by JGmazda
I guess I'll raise another question... If you were me, would you take this filter back and exchange it for the other 51334? Or... The "XP" model..

The MH OEM filters for Hyundai and Kia seem to be really well constructed for an OEM filter. I personally wasn't to impressed with the XP on my eclipse due to it seeping oil and the can felt pretty flimsy. Might have been a bad one but wasn't impressed with the effiency to consider the same exact filter again. Only filter I would exchange it for would be an Hyundai/Kia OEM but I wouldn't go out of my way to exchange unless it was damaged from the factory.

Thanks for this. I think I'll just use it. If it's "OEM" quality, then why not? Appreciate the input. (It's too bad their "XP" filters aren't more highly regarded.)

Last edited:
I have a Napa gold 1334 filter that was made by MH in the USA and it was shrinkwrapped.
If it's made in the US, it's made by Wix in a Wix factory, Gastonia NC. Same filter as US made Wix labeled 51334 was/is. Similar to M&H being parent of Puro US, spin on filters still made by Purolator in US. There was a time when the 5/1334 application was made in Mexico, but more recent anecdotes (before topic) showed they had moved production to the US.

I know that some older posts here going back a few years show the same filter made in SK in both wix and napa editions. I am wondering if they have the production of that filter in multiple locations since it seems to be a big volume application.
A few years? The topic 5/1334spin on application? Please post a link to any of said older posts, be interested in seeing and reading them. Just a little over three years since M&H acquired Wix.

As noted only Wix/Napa Gold/ProSelect spin on filters anecdotes posted with SK production (so far) is topic 5/1334 application dating to January of this year. As links mention, 'appears' M&H decided to consolidate some production of application with same size Mann made Hyun/Kia application. In my observation of comments here since January anecdotes, most seem very satisfied with the new SK production of the 5/1334, 21334 applications.

Some Wix/Napa Gold "cartridge" filters were made in SK even before the M&H acquisition of Wix. In my past experience with them for Hyun/Kia applications, they were very high quality cartridges.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
I have a Napa gold 1334 filter that was made by MH in the USA and it was shrinkwrapped.
If it's made in the US, it's made by Wix in a Wix factory, Gastonia NC. Same filter as US made Wix labeled 51334 was/is. Similar to M&H being parent of Puro US, spin on filters still made by Purolator in US. There was a time when the 5/1334 application was made in Mexico, but more recent anecdotes (before topic) showed they had moved production to the US.

I know that some older posts here going back a few years show the same filter made in SK in both wix and napa editions. I am wondering if they have the production of that filter in multiple locations since it seems to be a big volume application.
A few years? The topic 5/1334spin on application? Please post a link to any of said older posts, be interested in seeing and reading them. Just a little over three years since M&H acquired Wix.

As noted only Wix/Napa Gold/ProSelect spin on filters anecdotes posted with SK production (so far) is topic 5/1334 application dating to January of this year. As links mention, 'appears' M&H decided to consolidate some production of application with same size Mann made Hyun/Kia application. In my observation of comments here since January anecdotes, most seem very satisfied with the new SK production of the 5/1334, 21334 applications.

Some Wix/Napa Gold "cartridge" filters were made in SK even before the M&H acquisition of Wix. In my past experience with them for Hyun/Kia applications, they were very high quality cartridges.

Well I have seemed to have made a mistake in my claim. I looked back with Google and wasn't able to find any results going beyond January of this year. And I think I was reading the posters's join date as when I mistook that as the post date of the actual post
33.gif
Sorry for the misinformation and confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back