Didn't realize how dangerous it is to pull out your dipstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kid you not, but reading the owners manual in my 2016 WRX it says, CAUTION, If the level gauge is not pulled out easily, twist the level gauge right and left, then pull it out. Otherwise, you may be injured accidentally straining yourself.

Not an "attorneys warn you of everything" post, but a friend in the 1960's got one of the first Datsun 510's. The manual stated, "In back of the instrument panel is a soft green light which will bring you much pleasure."

Originally Posted by billt460
Does it show a picture of the fan with severed fingers off a hand? Those were my favorite warning stickers.

Off topic, but my favorite is the John Deere "don't mow over babies" safety sticker:
[Linked Image from manuals.deere.com]

Thanks for the strain warning atikovi!

Originally Posted by csandste
Not an "attorneys warn you of everything" post, but a friend in the 1960's got one of the first Datsun 510's. The manual stated, "In back of the instrument panel is a soft green light which will bring you much pleasure."

That's a good thing!

Red instrument panel backlighting gives me road rage!
lol.gif
mad.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I read that in my Forester manual and had a good laugh also. Attributed it to the stereotypical snowflake Subaru owners.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
Originally Posted by billt460
Does it show a picture of the fan with severed fingers off a hand? Those were my favorite warning stickers.

Off topic, but my favorite is the John Deere "don't mow over babies" safety sticker:
[Linked Image from manuals.deere.com]

Thanks for the strain warning atikovi!

Are those separate babies or did he back up in order to try to get the other leg? Also, it looks like that leg meat might be jamming the blade housing. Is there an adequate sized chute to take care of that sort of thing?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
I kid you not, but reading the owners manual in my 2016 WRX it says, CAUTION, If the level gauge is not pulled out easily, twist the level gauge right and left, then pull it out. Otherwise, you may be injured accidentally straining yourself.

Maybe it's because WRX's are mostly driven by decaf, soy latte boys??...‚

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Are you implying that they would actually know what a dipstick is?
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

ROFL.... Talk about "shots fired".

Originally Posted by CT8
The old adage of you have to be smarter that the dip stick is a reality .

That's thinking with your dipstick!

"Level gauge" what kind of PC nonsense is that?
15.gif

Subaru... saving people from themselves since the day we read the owner's manual.

WARNING: don't go outside, you might get hurt by the big bad world.

Originally Posted by DGXR
Subaru... saving people from themselves since the day we read the owner's manual.

WARNING: don't go outside, you might get hurt by the big bad world.

On the other hand, the stupidity level has risen substantially in recent decades. There was a recent thread here showing a guy working on a car on a jack. He was lying directly under the wheel.

VW Tiguan dipsticks are hard to pull off. The twin ratchet catches hold it on, requiring a lot of force to pull it out. Easy to put in though. Your arm can flail as you pull hard on it.
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

Last edited:
There must be sharp edges on the under side of the hood that you might get cut on if the level gauge is stuck and you pulled hard and it popped free and your hand hits it.. Hey Subie is just looking out for you!

Originally Posted by AZjeff
There must be sharp edges on the under side of the hood that you might get cut on if the level gauge is stuck and you pulled hard and it popped free and your hand hits it.. Hey Subie is just looking out for you!
A cut wrist is for real man.

Originally Posted by paoester
Originally Posted by AZjeff
A cut wrist is for real man.

That's called building courage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back