Milwaukee 2485-20 M12 1/4” Right Angle Die Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received it on Saturday.

It is a bit heavy with the 6.0 battery but the size is not completely unreasonable. The size is still very manageable for cleaning wheel hubs and oil pans/timing covers (off car). The size could be a bit problematic for cleaning certain engine surfaces without engine removal, but we will see.

Here is a video of it running on speed 4:

https://youtu.be/XgSQcNiepyI

D0868934-CA2C-4E54-8D4D-113FCC3B81A1.jpeg

ADE12BDE-9F00-41E0-8D77-02C3D7FD4C87.jpeg

4A3CC7F2-BB1E-48CE-B907-C93B244130FB.jpeg

C337D5D5-49F7-40BD-8347-61BEC9E2AC8B.jpeg

231F2D23-644A-425E-B417-AB2237643502.jpeg

Just curious, M 12 is some sorta battery/ fuel cell hybrid? Please school me on how the 2 work together. Thank you in advance
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by andyd
Just curious, M 12 is some sorta battery/ fuel cell hybrid? Please school me on how the 2 work together. Thank you in advance
grin2.gif

Fuel cell? Its just a lithium battery.

Originally Posted by andyd
grin2.gif

Fuel refers to Milwaukee's line of brushless motor tools

Originally Posted by LotI
Why would you pick that over an in-line? I've heavily invested in M12 already.

I prefer this particular form factor.

They don't make an in-line one like the pneumatic ones. The make one that is essentially a battery powered Dremel and one that is a large die grinder based on a regular angle grinder.

I just ordered one of these for work.

Last edited:

For buffing/sanding.....90° works best, Whether it be "Cookies", 3M Green, or Roloc bristle .
When using a Carbide Burr or a cut-off wheel, I like inline better....But these 2 work better with an air tool anyway.

I just got mine today and noticed in the instructions that there is a picture of an inline version and a part number. 2486-20 is the part number but it doesnt come up anywhere.

Loud and less power than my air grinder. I love my Milwaukee tools but I feel like they missed the mark on this one.

Been using it for cleaning hub flanges during a brake job. It performs very similarly to a pneumatic one. No issues with power or ergonomics.

This has been on my want list since I saw all the promos for it pop up at their Milwaukee new tool expo.

Acme tools has a 10% off deal thru tomorrow. Debating if I want to get it now, or wail for any black friday promo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back