Easy to use free video editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for an easy to use video editor that is free. I just want to be able to edit video I take with my iPhone. Any suggestions. I got DaVinci Resolve but it keeps crashing, not sure why.

If you are trying to edit 1080p video then you better have a powerful machine. I used to edit videos (480p) in the past when I had access to Adobe Premiere, now when I tried using Videopad Video Editor, 1080p takes really long time to export on a 10-year-old machine (i3-330M with 8GB of RAM. The PC works perfectly otherwise but just not for video editing in spite of having SDD as a primary drive.

It's the rendering, not the editing, that taxes CPU resources. If you use a worse codec, it goes faster, or there could be some settings that sacrifice a touch of quality for speed.

I use kdenlive on ubuntu linux.

Well after a long time of trying to mess with it. I did what I should have done in the first place and Googled it. Turns out Photo's on Windows 10 does what I needed it to do. Basically just needed to edit the content to make it shorter so I could post on a forum. Thanks for the replies though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back