Supertech 5QT Cardboard Thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like Supertech I'm starting to get irritated at the difficulty I have in removing the cardboard cap and that micron thin saran wrap underneath it. I can't find a little tab to grip to release it. I poke my finger through the cardboard thing and it shreds as it comes separated from the saran wrap underneath it. Then I can't grip the torn paper top or the micron thin saran wrap because they have oil on them.

Heck, maybe I'll just take a box opener and cut the whole top off!
banana2.gif

Sounds like if they want to really go head to head with Havoline they need a little Quality control effort on their cardboard container and 1 more quart of oil!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Sounds like if they want to really go head to head with Havoline they need a little Quality control effort on their cardboard container and 1 more quart of oil!

I think he's simply talking about the seal under the cap of the plastic bottles.

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Better than buying used oil from Wal-Mart.

I totally agree.

I do like the foil caps on some bottles, they can easily be punched with a finger, but as PimTac said, never go anywhere without a knife.

Originally Posted by cpayne5
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

I think he's simply talking about the seal under the cap of the plastic bottles.

Yes sir

Originally Posted by PimTac
Gibbs rule #9.

Never go anywhere without a knife.

I know you will think this weird, but I work on my cars in pajama bottoms and a black TShirt.

No pocket for a knife.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Gibbs rule #9.

I know you will think this weird, but I work on my cars in pajama bottoms and a black TShirt.

No pocket for a knife.

TMI but you go with your pj wearing bad self!...‚

*you do realize PJ's with pockets are a "thing", right?

Last edited:
As much as I like Supertech I'm starting to get irritated at the difficulty I have in removing the cardboard cap and that micron thin saran wrap underneath it. I can't find a little tab to grip to release it. I poke my finger through the cardboard thing and it shreds as it comes separated from the saran wrap underneath it. Then I can't grip the torn paper top or the micron thin saran wrap because they have oil on them.

Heck, maybe I'll just take a box opener and cut the whole top off!
banana2.gif

You could use a box opener on the cardboard thingy as opposed to the whole top.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dlundblad
You could use a box opener on the cardboard thingy as opposed to the whole top.
laugh.gif

That is how I've learned to do it. Using a SHARP box cutter, start cutting around the cardboard seal and before you cut through, grab the seal so it doesn't drop into the jug. Works perfectly.

Gibbs rule #9.

No pocket for a knife.

Epic! I see nothing wrong with this. Shoot, it sounds like you're very comfortable.

Grab the edge with your teeth and rip it off. Drink one quart, smoke a cigarette, then kill a cockroach with an s&w 500 revolver. That's how my uncle does it. Then again, he's criminally insane.

My bigger problem now is stepping on the acorns on my paved driveway in my bare feet while I'm going in and out of my garage getting tools and oil and coolant and such.

Maybe if I wore socks?

Originally Posted by Red91
Grab the edge with your teeth and rip it off. Drink one quart, smoke a cigarette, then kill a cockroach with an s&w 500 revolver. That's how my uncle does it. Then again, he's criminally insane.

I'd like to meet him.

Originally Posted by Red91

...‚

Gibbs rule #9.

No pocket for a knife.

I'm sure you look very SHARP, no need for a knife.

Originally Posted by DGXR
Gibbs rule #9.

No pocket for a knife.

I'm sure you look very SHARP, no need for a knife.

I can tell you are much sharper than any knife I have.
01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back