changed oil on the ioniq today

Status
Not open for further replies.
changed the oil on my sons 2019 ioniq today. 2100 miles put a factory filter and QSUD in it. boy this thing is low. tried getting my floor jack under it to jack it up by the subframe but its stll too low. ended up going to HF and getting some plastic ramps and even they barely fit without hitting plastic. seems to even lower than my 330i was. at least i could get a jack under that

needed a wrench to get the factory filter off but i expected that. oil that came was a lot darker than i would expect with 2100 miles. good thing hyundai provides removable panels for both the drain and oil filter area instead of needing to remove the whole under plastic.

So far its been a good hybrid. son says he get about 50 mpg in his commute to school and back through the streets of Seattle to UW. he also kinda got a lead foot like dad so i can understand the lower than advertised gas mileage. but even 50 mpg is good in anyones book.

gonna change it again at the factory recommended 7500 .

I had to get extensions for my ramps to be able to get under my now almost ancient BMW with its M-sport ground effects. They work really well.

The Ioniq looks great. A lot of us will be interested in your experience.

Originally Posted by JC1
What jack were you using? Was it a low profile jack?

Maybe it's time for a new jack? I've got the 3 ton Daytona jack and it's great.

3 Ton Daytona Jack

i have 2 jacks . one low profile and a standard. the issue is that there is no jacking point right at the front so a jack has to slide back to get to the subframe. i even tried getting to the subframe on the side and same issue. i usually prefer to jack at subframe rather than pinch welds so as not to deform the welds.

Have had an Ioniq since 2017. Over 48k miles, its great. I use plastic ramps to change the oil every 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back