valvoline MST is now European vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
it does not have the DEXOS 2 label on it and only is a API SL. It still says its for gas and diesel engines. no ACEA C3 ether. only ACEA A3/A4. Ive been using MST in my cruze diesel for a few years now. I asked Valvoline and they no longer recommend this oil for a DEXOS 2 application. Said they did not re apply for the lic. It is approved for VW 505 00, witch is a diesel spec.

The part number is the same, the box says MST on it, the label has 2019 on it. It is the latest MST.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by kschachn
Odd how they have Mercedes Benz approvals (and do appear on the bevo website) but they word it incorrectly on the label.

MST is on GMDEXOS as Dexos 2 approved as well. I guess the sites need to be updated.

Originally Posted by jkhawaii
Originally Posted by kschachn
Odd how they have Mercedes Benz approvals (and do appear on the bevo website) but they word it incorrectly on the label.

MST is on GMDEXOS as Dexos 2 approved as well. I guess the sites need to be updated.

In this case it is the label, that is incorrect wording for a Mercedes Benz approval.

The part number is the same, the box says MST on it, the label has 2019 on it. It is the latest MST.

It is messed up packeging.
MST means Mid-Saps technology and cannot be MB 229.5, LL01 etc. Valvoline MST has MB 229.51, BMW LL04 etc. approvals.
Also bottle does not say MST, but box does.

Originally Posted by edyvw

MST means Mid-Saps technology and cannot be MB 229.5, LL01 etc. Valvoline MST has MB 229.51, BMW LL04 etc. approvals.

The part number is the same as before 787301. I just bought some of this oil 3 months ago from another place and it didn't have this messed up label. I'm thinking it's a special Napa thing, where valvoline bottles this for a lower cost just for Napa and removes some of the cost by not paying for the lic on these labeled bottles. Just ordered two more quarts from amazon, see what those say

Last edited:

The part number is the same as before 787301. I just bought some of this oil 3 months ago from another place and it didn't have this messed up label. I'm thinking it's a special Napa thing, where valvoline bottles this for a lower cost just for Napa and removes some of the cost by not paying for the lic on these labeled bottles. Just ordered two more quarts from amazon, see what those say

I do not know what NAPA is doing but Valvoline MST has fallowing approvals: ACEA C3, MB 229.51, BMW LL04, Porsche A40, VW 502.00/505.01.
Considering all that labeling issues, I am wondering what are you actually getting in the bottle?

OK. per valvoline product support. MST is being replaced with European Vehicle. For what ever dumb reason. Minus some very important lic's and approvals. Retailers have yet to catch up, or valvoline is trying to sell this to UN knowing MST users.
The quarts I got from amazon (sold as MST) is European Vehicle as well.

Last edited:

Nah... It has nothing to do with Napa.

It doesn't. It's Valvoline. They changed up the formula and name on the bottle while keeping the same part number and retailers still sell it as MST

So, would it appear that European formula is now high saps?

Yep, all those approvals that oil you bought has, are high-saps approvals.
MST is still available in Wal mart though.

Only until the old (real mst) stocks get used up. The oil I got from Napa and amazon both were sold as MST. Some one at Valvoline really messed this up

Only until the old (real mst) stocks get used up. The oil I got from Napa and amazon both were sold as MST. Some one at Valvoline really messed this up

Are you sure? What they will offer for MB 229.51, LL04, Dexos2 applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back