What were they thinking? Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
To each their own, but that is the best looking Camry since the creation of the Camry! Interior, exterior, everything about this car looks better.

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
To each their own, but that is the best looking Camry since the creation of the Camry! Interior, exterior, everything about this car looks better.

Yup. If it was a BMW, people would say how beautiful it is. It's ok, people with frail souls need other than Toyota.

Originally Posted by Leo99

Yup. If it was a BMW, people would say how beautiful it is. It's ok, people with frail souls need other than Toyota.

Not sure if I agree, but this is really good!

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I think that black painted roof looks absolutely wretched.

Yeah, I don't get the black roof thing, especially on family sedan type cars. Won't that just make the interior hotter? And I personally don't think it's aesthetically pleasing on sedans, but I guess it's "sporty."

I'm guessing that's a panoramic roof and you're seeing the deeply tinted glass as black, at least the part on top.

Fake exhaust tips will make themselves known in cold weather when the visible exhaust is not coming out of some/all pipes.

I haven't decided if I like the new Camry styling. If someone was giving me one free, my mind would be made-up real fast -especially if it was an XLE hybrid version. BTW, it's not the fake rear brake cooling vents that bug me... Anyhow, heck yeah, I like Toyota. Between 1980 and 2010, I had about 6 brand new ones -still have two of them. In hundreds of thousands of miles, not one of them ever needed more than routine maintenance.

Toyota1.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I think that black painted roof looks absolutely wretched.

Yeah, I don't get the black roof thing, especially on family sedan type cars. Won't that just make the interior hotter? And I personally don't think it's aesthetically pleasing on sedans, but I guess it's "sporty."

I'm guessing that's a panoramic roof and you're seeing the deeply tinted glass as black, at least the part on top.

It's two tone paint. I think it looks great but only available on the new Rav4 XSE. Don't want the stiffer suspension on the XSE.

Originally Posted by pezzy669
Have you not seen the blocked off 2nd tailpipe on the 4 bangers? If you at the right level you can see the blockoff plate to the 2nd tailpipe, these are the ones with the two tailpipes on the right side.

But back to your ? - I assumed these were the exits for the rear wheel air curtains. Are they really just fake?

Is it a dead tailpipe of does it have an valve in the way? Some vehicles have a valve to help keep the temps of the cats high at idle.

I like the looks and style. I've only owned 1 Toyota product in my life and if they made a brand new 2005 Scion xb i'd go buy it today. My babe is gonna run it till it goes to the crusher.

1955 Buick Roadmaster had fins and four portholes on each side, now they are an icon.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I was looking at a Camry at football today and I have to say it is a much more substantial car than I remember and while not perfect it is a step in the right direction as far as styling.

I actually like it a lot compared to previous Camry's...I see these things on the road and think they look really good compared to your average commuter/daily/grocery getter car. Saw a blacked out one the other day, thought to myself...hmm, I wouldn't mind one of these...but it's a Camry. That's the thing, you think Camry and you're supposed to think practical/boring. And this thing isn't that.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Another point, it wasn't all that long ago that people complained that the Camry was getting long in the tooth, some calling it a old person's car. Toyota has been redesigning the car to appeal to younger consumers. The trick is to not alienate the older buyers or make the design polarizing.

That is true. There is no doubt average age of Camry buyer will drop from 115 to 114.5 due to this design.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Railrust
I actually like it a lot compared to previous Camry's...I see these things on the road and think they look really good compared to your average commuter/daily/grocery getter car. Saw a blacked out one the other day, thought to myself...hmm, I wouldn't mind one of these...but it's a Camry. That's the thing, you think Camry and you're supposed to think practical/boring. And this thing isn't that.

This. I think the new one isn't bad looking at all. They're trying to shed that "boring" stigma they've acquired.

I find this to be a very overwrought piece of design. It looks ridiculous for what it is and makes the current Accord look restrained.
There's also the racy looking current Corolla, a car that is anything but.

They will SELL these by the thousands-doesn't really matter what BITOG members think about the design.

Yeah, they're ugly. Wife's prius is ugly too. They did an emergency redesign from 2018-19 of the headlights, divorcing the lowest part. Now it's just an accent lamp. Rear quarters have "tinted glass" that's just a black plastic triangle.

The front bumper "corset" is so 5 years ago.

At least Toyota isn't as crazy with the wild headlight DRL accents. Jeep, Mopar, and Nissan are the worst for these. Especially Rogues. Do they have a trim that's not SV (Special Value?) Because those aren't selling here.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
While I love Hondas and Toyotas, I fine the current Accord and Camry hideous.
But I am sure from a reliability standpoint they are as good as it gets. And will hold their value...
Speaking of fake, my friends gorgeous BMW i8 has engine sounds that come out the stereo.

The new Accords are the best looking yet, would take one over the Camry.

CAC90HOC011F021001.jpg

My family has been well served by Toyota reliability since 1972. Wife and I noticed the "accents" on the new Camry and wondered [censored]? Saw a black one where they can't be seen and it was quite a handsome car. But they are doubling down on that hideous spindle grill as if to say surely it will catch on. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back