Obd2 dongle for iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a bluetooth obd 2 dongle to use with an iPhone but it looks like all the ones on amazon are for android. Any suggestions? There are a couple WiFi options, has anybody used a WiFi obd2 reader? Ideally I'd like it to be elm327 based

I have a old elm scan obd2 to USB cable that works with just about anything with an adapter. The autel/hyper tough ap200/ht200 works with iOS or Android but I don't think it's elm327 based or know if it can be cracked to use with other brands of software.

I have a generic el cheapo WiFi one that pairs up nicely with an app called FourStroke on my iPhone - much more reliably, in fact, than the Bluetooth one I used to use with an Android phone. Have used it to get data readouts and to read fault codes, then clear them once I had rectified the issue.

I use a Veepak wifi that works well w/ iOS. Apple requires a MFi chip for Bluetooth classic (SPP), hence only Android support. BLE is supported on iOS w/o MFi (except for HomeKit) but data rate is probably not fast enough for older chipsets.

Just watch the parasitic drain when the dongle is connected and vehicle is off

I use the "OBD Fusion" app for iOS. Works great. The OBD unit is a KOBRA brand off Amazon.

I have the Carly reader and app for BMW. I'd doubt that the one reader is anything special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back