How do you get next day delivery on Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Amazon is not always the lowest place to shop. I always check Walmart and any other place I can online. I much rather buy from Walmart if I can.
With that said, of course, Amazon is a great place to check prices and in many cases they do have the lowest but many other times other sites have the lowest and you can get the shaft if you dont check.

Perfect example is today! If I bought from Amazon without checking other prices I would have paid $180.65 more for a printer that I just bought.
I bought a Canon Laser Printer = Canon Imageclass MF445dw I guess its at the end of its run, came out late 2017.

Amazon price = $385.64 (ships and sold by Amazon)

I purchased it on sale at Office Depot/OfficeMax for $204.99

I saved $180.65 by not trusting Amazon was the lowest price. I picked it up today and have it in my home 10/18/19 @ 1PM
The reason I post date and time is because Amazon does play games with pricing, heck they admit it and the Office Depot/OfficeMax sale is going to end soon, many places out of stock already, I think online two but two locations in my area still had one left of which I bought one of them! *L*

I could give other examples, like a GE LED headlight that would work perfect for motorcycles (Harley Touring) to replace the standard one. Walmart online less then $100, Amazon over $300.

Last edited:
You don't necessarily have to live by a distribution center to get next day. I'm in northeast NE and I ordered two Carhart shirts yesterday morning and they will be here today, one from Kenosa WI and the other is from Moreneo Valley CA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
You don't necessarily have to live by a distribution center to get next day. I'm in northeast NE and I ordered two Carhart shirts yesterday morning and they will be here today, one from Kenosa WI and the other is from Moreneo Valley CA.

Bezo's fleet of 767s delivers items very quickly from across the county.

alarm guy,

Lots of people are jealous of Amazon's success.

I do think of these things - but on a hot day in Texas I just like to walk around inside a store and put my hands on the things I may or may not buy. I can always stand there on my oversized iPhone if I want to do a bit of research on a product then and there. If we drive to Houston to shop at stores we don't have - going to grab lunch there at a place we don't have. Maybe hit Costco last.
So like Amazon or not, just not how I like to shop - eventually it might all go that way but there are choices now.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
All I know is that my deliveries come from an underpaid driver driving for a third party outfit in a dark navy blue van that says Prime on the side.
When UPS delivered some of my Amazon packages, the UPS driver is paid a livable wage with good benefits and didn't live in section 8 housing
unlike many of the third party Amazon drivers. I'm buying more of my things from other online retailers that aren't trying to overtake the world.

Who is forcing these people to work like you say, for such a horrible wage?

The Amazon delivery contractors only exist in vibrant, flourishing areas right now. Along with that, every single business is hiring. There's a ton of options for uneducated, low-skilled people right now.

I love Amazon. Why because they pushed every other retailer to the next level(Walmart.com, target.com, front desk or outside pickup) and destroyed those who refused. (Sears, Toys r us).

They did it all and I prefer shopping in 2019 vs 2010. Order item and knowing it's there in store and not walking up and down Walmart, Lowe's trying to find it.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by skyactiv
All I know is that my deliveries come from an underpaid driver driving for a third party outfit in a dark navy blue van that says Prime on the side.
When UPS delivered some of my Amazon packages, the UPS driver is paid a livable wage with good benefits and didn't live in section 8 housing
unlike many of the third party Amazon drivers. I'm buying more of my things from other online retailers that aren't trying to overtake the world.

All you know?...how exactly do you know that Amazon's independently contracted deliverer's live in subsidized housing? Did FB tell you that?...‚

For the right individual it's actually not a bad gig...

What is FB ?

I like how people blame amazon for prices when they're a platform for other companies to sell from too.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I know they're really sneaky about trying to get you to sign up for amazon prime,

How so? You sign up or you don't

For what its worth..I have the Prime CC and I get hundreds of $$$$ back every year Prime is not only free it gives you money. You would have to be brain dead not to have a Prime CC if you buy lots of stuff from Amazon. 5% back on all amazon purchases.

Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I know they're really sneaky about trying to get you to sign up for amazon prime,

How so? You sign up or you don't

For what its worth..I have the Prime CC and I get hundreds of $$$$ back every year Prime is not only free it gives you money. You would have to be brain dead not to have a Prime CC if you buy lots of stuff from Amazon. 5% back on all amazon purchases.

You are very smart to shop Prime and avoid all the hassles shopping at retail stores in your area.

My Citibank, Discover, Amex, CC pays for more then my wife's Amazon card, Citibank the very min cash back that I get is 2% on everything and 5% on category's that rotate, in fact for this 3 month holiday season is 5% on Amazon, Walmart and Target.com.

On Average I get back between $30 and $40 a month, on just that card, then add in the couple others and it just paid $800 toward my new Mac mini computer after 15 months or so. From June of 2018 to Sept of 2019 I accumulated about $780. and by the end of Nov will have completed paid for my new Mac mini and monitor. :eek:)

Just love cash back cards! As you know, not knocking you or others choosing Amazon if that is your thing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by Duffyjr

Bezo's fleet of 767s delivers items very quickly from across the county.

alarm guy,

Lots of people are jealous of Amazon's success.

Your point? Kind of an odd statement.

For me, price wins, Im smarter then most who dont shop around if price is the factor they choose to buy only Amazon. Period.
Amazon free delivery takes approx 7 days.

Walmart (2 days) and just about everyone delivers faster then Amazon So Amazon is my last choice all the time.

(please, dont tell me to pay Amazon $99 over $135 a year of actual pretax income for faster delivery Laughable to me, since price rules.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy

For me, price wins, Im smarter then most who dont shop around if price is the factor they choose to buy only Amazon. Period.

Walmart (2 days) and just about everyone delivers faster then Amazon So Amazon is my last choice all the time.

(please, dont tell me to pay Amazon $99 over $135 a year of actual pretax income for faster delivery Laughable to me, since price rules.)

I've spent $2,200 so far this year on Amazon over 41 orders, all of them with free 2-day prime or same/next day delivery. For $120 a year that equates to under $3 for shipping per order. Seeing how Amazon is usually the lowest or for pennies more and the convenience of having all my orders done and recorded on one site, virtually any product I want, and I don't have to go into the cesspool called walmart, I think it's a win-win. So your "just about everyone delivers faster than amazon" is pretty much BS unless you live out in the middle of nowhere where there's literally nothing but a walmart to shop at. Smart? I think you're not.

I'll also like to add, with Amazon Prime I can go into any Amazon Go store and grab whatever I want in there for lunch during work and I don't have to scan any product. Literally just scan a QR code on my phone at the entrance, grab what I want, and walk out. Everything is tracked through AI - some of the most advanced AI I've seen commercially used.

Last edited:
Amazon definitely used Wal-Mart game plan and put it on steroids.

Lots of people told Bezos he was crazy to quit his lucrative career, move out to Seattle and start Amazon.

I love seeing all those Amazon Prime trucks on the highway and Amazon vans delivering packages. ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by Pew

I've spent $2,200 so far this year on Amazon over 41 orders, all of them with free 2-day prime or same/next day delivery. For $120 a year that equates to under $3 for shipping per order. Seeing how Amazon is usually the lowest or for pennies more and the convenience of having all my orders done and recorded on one site, virtually any product I want, and I don't have to go into the cesspool called walmart, I think it's a win-win. So your "just about everyone delivers faster than amazon" is pretty much BS unless you live out in the middle of nowhere where there's literally nothing but a walmart to shop at. Smart? I think you're not.

I'll also like to add, with Amazon Prime I can go into any Amazon Go store and grab whatever I want in there for lunch during work and I don't have to scan any product. Literally just scan a QR code on my phone at the entrance, grab what I want, and walk out. Everything is tracked through AI - some of the most advanced AI I've seen commercially used.

Whatever floats your boat.
I dont pay for shipping, you do.
I just bought a Canon Laser Jet MF445dw from OfficeMax on sale $204. and picked it up right away.
Amazon Price $385. so I did better then anyone who purchased it on Amazon this week, just by checking around which is all I am saying.
Amazon price $185 more then OfficeMax, true because it was on sale but now its up to full price and still $40 less then amazon.

As far as delivery, you are wrong again, buy any item on Amazon without paying for prime and see what the expected date of delivery is .. .geez... relax.
Like I said, lowest price wins, even if it is Amazon.

Last edited:
[
I just bought a Canon Laser Jet MF445dw from OfficeMax on sale $204. and picked it up right away.
Amazon Price $385. so I did better then anyone who purchased it on Amazon this week, just by checking around which is all I am saying.
Amazon price $185 more then OfficeMax, true because it was on sale but now its up to full price and still $40 less then amazon.

As far as delivery, you are wrong again, buy any item on Amazon without paying for prime and see what the expected date of delivery is .. .geez... relax.

Boy you have a hard on for amazon

I got $670 back from Amazon. And get free shipping and 2 day delivery. I don't spend one second of effort (like you) figuring out how to save a few pennies. And even then I would love to see your "savings" bill after all this IS the internet. Carry on.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Al
[

I got $670 back from Amazon. And get free shipping and 2 day delivery. I don't spend one second of effort (like you) figuring out how to save a few pennies. And even then I would love to see your "savings" bill after all this IS the internet. Carry on.
cheers3.gif

Got to love the choice of words from a couple posts in here
I bought one item for $185 less than Amazon's price and you call it pennies. Well I think we know who has a hard-on for Amazon...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al
[

cheers3.gif

All alarmguy is saying is that he found a better deal at a different store... not the first nor will it be the last time Amazon has been more expensive than a rival. Even I would put pants on, do my hair, and go to a brick and mortar store to save $185
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back