Gundry olive oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Gundry just some quack peddling seriously overpriced olive oil or is it truly a much better oil for your body?

Hard to discern truth from fiction these days...

LOL well just sayin there is always a boutique something that catches someone's attention. Fact is some of the best Olive oil you can get at a fair price is Kirkland brand at Costco.

Call me uneducated (I'm a coffee snob not an olive oil connoisseur)

I really like the California olive ranch "mild" its about 7$-8$ for 16oz and that is as much as I want to buy at a time.

I get mine from the local grocery store but here is a link for reference.
link to the olive oil on amazon

PS- yes I know its not california olives etc.

The notion that olive oil can somehow be "better for your body" is absurd. As long as it is actual pure olive oil then yes it has health benefits over, say, canola oil.

At one time I researched olive oil. Kirkland and California are both good honest olive oils. Are they the best? No but they are not an over priced mess of blended garbage.

so apparently my link didnt work an hour ago..
here is another link
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Californ...l-Destination-Series-16-9-FL-OZ/39362661

Originally Posted by Reddy45
The notion that olive oil can somehow be "better for your body" is absurd. As long as it is actual pure olive oil then yes it has health benefits over, say, canola oil.

Not sure I follow, so are regular caged eggs the same as free range egglands best? or what are are saying?

I've been watching him for quite a while...he'sonto something.

A guy who steps away from being one of the foremost heat surgeons in the country (including xenotransplantation) and the money associated with it (his wife allegedly refers to that as "Black Friday") is certainly passionate on the subject, and he covers a LOTof ground.

What's best is a matter of taste or opinion your body won't notice if it's a boutique oil, cold pressed or from that particular tree on the south side of the hill.
As long as the oil isn't damaged the benefits will be the same. Kirkland organic Xtra virgin is one of the best. We're always talking about Xtra virgin as the pure definition isn't pure at all.

$108 for 3 bottles !

Not sure where they source it but I myself avoid Italian olive oils - it's a lucrative business where the mafia is involved and exports mainly hazelnut oil labeled as olive oil.

I try to buy Greek oils in large tins, or California oils. A real olive oil is an acquired taste and tastes very different from what is usually available in stores.

Originally Posted by Pelican
What's best is a matter of taste or opinion your body won't notice if it's a boutique oil, cold pressed or from that particular tree on the south side of the hill..

Oh, but Dr. Gundry says otherwise. He claims to have discovered super olives grown in Moroccan desert that contain 30x more polyphenol than all store shelf bought olive oil.

It's just that most of his videos look like paid informecials for some miracle cure that no one else sells, and it only costs a small fortune to buy. Maybe it is the real deal, but on the surface it sounds like a typical scam, which is why I started this thread to find out if anyone had first hand experience with it.

Originally Posted by Shannow

A guy who steps away from being one of the foremost heat surgeons in the country (including xenotransplantation) and the money associated with it (his wife allegedly refers to that as "Black Friday") is certainly passionate on the subject, and he covers a LOTof ground.

You cannot be top surgeon forever. As you get older, the motor skills are just not there, so you need to find yourself something else to do. Plus, the risk of malpractice lawsuits and malpractice insurance is sky high in the US, so if you've amassed a small fortune, you do not want to risk losing it.

It's a lot less stressful and less risky to do high margin online sales instead, especially when true benefits are a little difficult to pinpoint sometimes. "But hey, I'm a world renowned doctor, so just trust me..."

Originally Posted by Rand

I really like the California olive ranch "mild" its about 7$-8$ for 16oz and that is as much as I want to buy at a time.

I like the "Everyday" California olive ranch I get a wally for about that price, makes a good salad dresssing. I use avocado oil to cook with. The wife uses coconut oil on her face.

Last edited:
If all he is promising is a lot more polyphenols then eat foods that are naturally rich in them like berries, cocoa, nuts, fruits and vegetables. From the website - ... which means with Gundry MD Olive Oil, you can enjoy 30x more antioxidant power, and it tastes amazing.

Even with the 30x more polyphenol the oil tested at 1269 mg/kg whereas strawberries have 235 mg/100 g, or 2350 mg/kg. Strawberries are almost double the amount of polyphenol and a heck of a lot cheaper and less calories.

Not sure why anyone would buy a boutique food for a specific chemical when they are widely available in other foods at a lot cheaper price.

Originally Posted by SVTCobra
If all he is promising is a lot more polyphenols then eat foods that are naturally rich in them like berries, cocoa, nuts, fruits and vegetables. From the website - ... which means with Gundry MD Olive Oil, you can enjoy 30x more antioxidant power, and it tastes amazing.

Even with the 30x more polyphenol the oil tested at 1269 mg/kg whereas strawberries have 235 mg/100 g, or 2350 mg/kg. Strawberries are almost double the amount of polyphenol and a heck of a lot cheaper and less calories.

Not sure why anyone would buy a boutique food for a specific chemical when they are widely available in other foods at a lot cheaper price.

The way it is need to juice a product not saying Gundry is wrong or right weather condition will cause a fruit to produce 'defensive' protection(antioxidant)in the fruit it happens in the wild. I don't thing he is wrong in saying it. There are antioxidant in Olive oil not present in other fruits. Living in the Middle East all was olive oil. I went to an Olive orchard and the farmers gave me a fresh made EVOO cup to drink it's what they drank daily. I also ate plums, wild cherries and strawberries daily or most days. I was fruit fanatic. It's a combination of things loaded with antioxidant life was full throttle and sleep no TV or Movies....

Originally Posted by SteveKoz
Quattro Pete, did you buy the Gundry oil?
No. I am not convinced it's worth the asking price.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Rand

+1. I read some where that this was one of the few brands which are certified to be 100 percent olive oil and not a blend like some of the more common olive oils found in a grocery store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back