Illinois football fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Nothing to see here tomorrow. Best to enjoy the weather. The Badgers might have their reserves in by the 2nd quarter.

Honestly, I've never felt WI could match up with Ohio State...and history has proved this correctly. It just seems different this year. The D is lights out. Running game is as good as it gets. Good receiving threats, offensive line is the same as it has been for years.

Could this be the year ?

Yeah, we stink, and it is nothing new. So what's your point, really?

Just directing some ridicule towards a program that has been down for years?

These aren't professional players that you're kicking around, they're in college.

The "Big Ten" sucks. They usually play a few worthless teams at the start of the season instead of playing more teams within their own conference. Illinois played Akron, WOW. OSU played Miami, WOW.
Meantime, Illinois and OSU are in the Big Ten, last played in 2017 and wont have a rematch until 2020.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
The "Big Ten" sucks. They usually play a few worthless teams at the start of the season instead of playing more teams within their own conference. Illinois played Akron, WOW. OSU played Miami, WOW.
Meantime, Illinois and OSU are in the Big Ten, last played in 2017 and wont have a rematch until 2020.

Every conference plays a similar early season schedule. Unless, you are comparing the Big 10 to the SEC, your comment is without merit.

Regardless, I honestly wasn't attempting to rip on Illinois, just some banter for today.

Originally Posted by mjk

Regardless, I honestly wasn't attempting to rip on Illinois, just some banter for today.

You're ripping on young adults who aren't being paid to be out there... not professional athletes.

How about finding a more appropriate target for your "banter", something other than college kids?

Speaking of SEC perennial whipping boys:Georgia Southern, Mercer, Kent State, Samford, Tulane, Alcorn. LA Tech, N Texas, Eastern Illinois, Colorado State, Portland State, Western Kentucky, Lamar, Nichols State..I could go on and on and on..
smirk.gif

Originally Posted by mrsilv04

You're ripping on young adults who aren't being paid

No they only get some decent pocket money, free room and board (the best the university has to offer) tuition...anywhere from 150 to 200K $$$$$$$$$$ cut me a break.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al

Speaking of SEC perennial whipping boys:Georgia Southern, Mercer, Kent State, Samford, Tulane, Alcorn. LA Tech, N Texas, Eastern Illinois, Colorado State, Portland State, Western Kentucky, Lamar, Nichols State..I could go on and on and on..
smirk.gif

No they only get some decent pocket money, free room and board (the best the university has to offer) tuition...anywhere from 150 to 200K $$$$$$$$$$ cut me a break.
Well bless their little "young adult" sensitive 6'5" 310 lb hearts! Don't forget all the tutors doing all their class work for them! What Al said....x2!
crazy.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al

smirk.gif

Cut you a break? No... what I stated is true.

I'm the one who works for the University of Illinois, I'd say that I'm a bit closer to it than you, buddy.

Originally Posted by mrs

I'm the one who works for the University of Illinois, I'd say that I'm a bit closer to it than you, buddy.

Well "buddy" bc you are "close" to the situation..so what. What did I say that was untrue. My daughter was 6th in her class of 200+ and got a $2,000 grant. My son graduated from PSU in Computer engineering and got zero. I'll cry crocodile tears with you.
smirk.gif

mjk:

I'm posting this from the "armpit of the world, Decatur, IL."

I suggest you wait until AFTER a game to brag. Why not post your prediction for next week's game at OSU?

Yeah, the Illini have had their problems but don't be so quick to look down your previous 6-0 nose.

Illinois 24
Wisconsin 23

Where's the guy who started this topic now?
My guess would be.....eating crow. But hey, Illinois was only a 30 point underdog.

Just got back from work. Gotta give credit, where it is due. Good job IL. I can't even comment on the game,, as the wonderful company known as Comcast went down at 10:00 this morning; I then decided to make some money. Haven't even looked at the box score..

Well done.

Yeah, we stink, and it is nothing new. So what's your point, really?

Just directing some ridicule towards a program that has been down for years?

These aren't professional players that you're kicking around, they're in college.

Quit being so melodramatic, and the sad thing is you can't even believe this pile of dung.

Originally Posted by Al

smirk.gif

Cut you a break? No... what I stated is true.

Towel room or Janitor ?

.,.9303:

Nothing personal intended.

And mjk:

common sense and maturity dictates you should have stopped posting after you posted with member sst9303's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back