Oil change interval question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last winter we did a 10,000 mile/3 month cross country trip. When we got back home at the end of March I changed the oil and filter (2015 Forester Class C on Chevy Express chassis). I have used Mobil 1 synthetic oil and Mobil 1 filters from my first oil change. We had several home improvement projects over the summer so I only put about 100 miles on the rig since the oil change (2 trips to Chevy dealer for recalls). Other than that I run the engine every week. I let it get to operating temperature and let it run for a half hour or so. We don't have a trip planned until January. My question is should I change the oil and filter again due to the length of time since the last oil change? If yes, oil and filter or just the oil? Thanks

I would leave it in, but skip running it unless planning to take it out on the highway. Idling will not get the oil up to operating temperature. Put a battery maintainer on it, take it out for a shakedown run before your next trip and call it good.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I wanna see pictures of this Forester on a Chevy Express chassis.

Here you go
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SkipCam

Here you go
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have been tricked, and I have been quite possibly, Bamboozled.

I thought we where talking about a Subaru Forester here. I thought you where doing God's work.

Here you go
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I thought we where talking about a Subaru Forester here. I thought you where doing God's work.

Loooool

I wouldn't change the oil or filter.
I also wouldn't start it just to idle it....I would take her out for a 10 mile run every month or so.....
if that's not possible I'd leave her off until your next trip (with the battery on a charger/maintainer).

Nice rig...

Originally Posted by dogememe

Here you go
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Loooool

Nice ! I want one!

Thanks for all the input. I tend to get a bit OCD about things and lay awake at night worrying about it!

That is a very nice looking camper. Those Chevy Express cab and chassis are very durable and the drivetrain on them is almost bulletproof. I would stick to the 10,000,mile schedule. Agree that you should take it for a drive every month to not let it sit too long. I drive my gen 1 Tundra 8 miles a month in 4WD in all seasons as owners manual recommends, so it gets use. Don't just run the engine, drive it. Flat spots on tires, rusty brakes, cracked & leaky seals can all be avoided by driving the vehicle on the road. You have the same cab and chassis that is used on box trucks and moving vans that are driven daily and go hundred of thousands of miles. It's an industrial machine don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back