No sign of oil sample at Blackstone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Canadian I have mailed off oil samples to BS for over a decade without incident. In the beginning it wasnt unusual for me to draw two samples...just in case.

But for the latest mailed bottle (M1 ESP 0W30), it has been almost 2 weeks and nothing
frown.gif
. I made contact with BS and the sample has not been logged in in their system
frown.gif

Anyone had their mailed in sample go AWOL?

Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took three weeks recently to get a report back. Sample was sent USPS and didn't arrive according to them until about day 20 after being sent.

Originally Posted by 21Rouge
As a Canadian I have mailed off oil samples to BS for over a decade without incident. In the beginning it wasnt unusual for me to draw two samples...just in case.

But for the latest mailed bottle (M1 ESP 0W30), it has been almost 2 weeks and nothing
frown.gif
. I made contact with BS and the sample has not been logged in in their system
frown.gif

Anyone had their mailed in sample go AWOL?

Fingers crossed.

My last UOA took 3 1/2 weeks.

Kinda funny....Polaris sort of scolds me if the sampled on date and the sample received date are more than 5 days apart. Never had them take more than 24 hours to do a sample either. I UPS (Ground) our samples in. Any delay is usually me not sending them promptly.

To the OP..if you are in Ontario, WearChek is a really good lab in the GTA and if you aren't super picky about accurate results there is Toromont CAT. Otherwise a quick trip over the Border to send, if you're close, is the deal.

Last edited:
My M1 ESP was received at the lab October 10th and I got the results yesterday.

Took longer than usual, maybe they are very busy?

My last sample took 17 says from NJ to reach them, thanks USPS! They received it on 10/10 according to USPS tracking and I got the report this past Thurs, 10/17, late in the day.

Whimsey

My last two UOAs took a little over 3 weeks from the day I mailed it, to the day I got the report. The first one got lost in the mail for a week or so (according to tracking), but the second one was delivered on time, just that Blackstone sat on it for 2-1/2 weeks before running it.

I will likely look for another lab next time. I'm not in any particular hurry to get results, but 3 weeks is a little over the top.

I dropped a sample off at the post office on 10/3 and the report arrived 10/17. I've done about 6-7 UOA with Blackstone in the last year and all have taken about 8-9 days to deliver and another 5 days to get the report.

I have sent a total of five samples to Blackstone Labs. It seens USPS takes longer to deliver each time. Last sample was about 14 days per their tracking to reach them.

Last edited:
[Linked Image]

it took only 4 days from Greece to Fort Wayne and another 4 days from Fort Wayne to who knows...
What the heck is next facility?
I was starting to worry until I saw this thread.

Originally Posted by PiperOne
... Otherwise a quick trip over the Border to send, if you're close, is the deal.

not really... Ft Wayne is a 1 hour drive from me... my last sample was over 3 weeks in transit(usps)

USPS does a good job of delivering postcards, business letters and bubble-wrap envelopes... when it comes to square-shaped plastic bottles, I think it makes their heads explode.

I think the USPS 'delays' oil samples mailed in the sample bottle on purpose.
I would disguise it by putting the bottle in a box......seriously.

Originally Posted by PiperOne

To the OP..if you are in Ontario, WearChek is a really good lab in the GTA and if you aren't super picky about accurate results there is Toromont CAT..

Yes I have used both.

By chance I had a couple of prepaids for BS and once I used those up I decided to keep with BS as I intended to do multiple consecutive UOAs for our Golf R. And so for consistency I have kept with BS.

Originally Posted by donnyj08
I had a sample arrive there on Monday of this week (confirmed by ups tracking)

I have declined to pay for tracking for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back