Benefits of Pri-G for Gas And Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's the deal. I pulled out my Honda generator the other day. I realized I hadn't put fresh gas in it in 3 years or so. But the last time I gassed it up, I did add Pri--G. So I'm thinking I'm really screwed now after 3 years of no activity. Then I remembered that bottle of Pri-G hidden behind some big bottles and pulled it out. Added the required amount to tank. Stirred it with a clean wooden paint stirring paddle. It it gave me a tussle to get it started, but once it did start, it gradually started running better. By the time I got near the bottom of the tank with the old gas, it sounded pretty good. Refilled it with fresh gas and Pri-G. Pulled some through the carb, and put it away for the next use.

Smarter play is to buy the Pri-G for diesel. Exact same formulation as for gasoline, but twice as concentrated, so you only need half as much.

Why would you make two exact formulations except for the concentration? You are also saying that your 3+ old fuel additive is still good?

Reads like a paid advertisement.

" But the last time I gassed it up, I did add Pri--G. So I'm thinking I'm really screwed now after 3 years of no activity. Then I remembered that bottle of Pri-G hidden behind some big bottles and pulled it out. Added the required amount to tank. Stirred it with a clean wooden paint stirring paddle. It it gave me a tussle to get it started, but once it did start, it gradually started running better. By the time I got near the bottom of the tank with the old gas, it sounded pretty good."

So you put the additive in 3 years ago when you gassed it up, added MORE and stirred it in and it it still ran rough for the full tank? Doesn't sound like the stuff is worth a crap.

Trolls are strong in this thread.

I have used both additives before.. seem to do the job.

I take it the hecklers above never tryed using 3 year e10 gas in an engine before.

Why would you need additive for 3 year old diesel? If it was clean to begin with, and the tank was full, what is the benefit (for diesel)? It doesn't have aromatic components like gasoline.

Rand: I pay them no mind. There are plenty of medications out there that will help them with their constipation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back