Brake Cap - Lost It

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was changing the brake fluid and the reservoir cap fell down in the engine bay...lost it. I wrapped it up air tight.

I can't find a replacement, ORielly's didn't have one.

Can someone help me find one on the Internet? I looked around but can't find one. I get nervous on ebay that it won't fit.

Infiniti QX60 Hybrid

Thanks!

You didn't give a year. If you found one on ebay, reach out to the seller and ask questions or go to the dealer. It's not rock science or a big expense over a little cap. If you cannot find one, looks like it is time for a master cylinder or start looking in the engine compartment for it because you cannot safely leave it that way..

Last edited:
Quick Google search shows they are available at Infiniti dealerships for like $15. I imagine there is an Infiniti dealer near you to get you the OEM part.

Looks like they are readily available, even from Amazon. Just look for "master cylinder cap".

Cap1.JPG

Cap2.JPG

Use a very good flashlight and look for it. Could be wedged somewhere, could be on the plastic belly pan? It might be in another county?

Originally Posted by atikovi
Where was it the last time you saw it?

If you read his original post, it would be clear that the last time he saw the cap it was tumbling down into the engine bay somewhere.

Just look harder for it. Or get one at a Nissan Dealer.

I would be surprised if they have then on the shelf though.

Now you are going to have to redo the brake fluid changeout.

Its very hygroscopic.

Must be on the belly pan somewhere. Hopefully not wedges between the exhaust.

Have you driven much since you "lost" it?

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Use a very good flashlight and look for it. Could be wedged somewhere, could be on the plastic belly pan? It might be in another county?

+1 Get a good LED light and inspection mirror and look for it.

Cover it with saran wrap or similar until you get a new cap. Figure out what size and probably any cap that size will work.

While you're at the store invest in a cart. Anytime I'm working on the car anything that comes off, goes onto my shop cart perched right next to me. Similar to this👇 one with a tray top so nothing rolls off...$40 at HF. If the jobs "done" and i got a bolt or whatever sitting on the cart, I know I missed something.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back