Multi oscillating tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommendations for one, for occasional DIY? Brand? Cordless or corded? So far I'm looking at the Harbor Freight cordless

I have a cordless DeWalt and a corded Fein.

Go with a fein corded... having a battery is a big difference in terms of balance and control, and the fein mounting system is better.

I have a harbor freight corded , has done everything I needed it to do, cant beat the price

I have a corded DeWalt and a cordless Milwaukee M12.

I can't say I'd recommend the Milwaukee. It is small and compact, especially with the little 3 AH battery, but the mount leaves a lot to be desired. It is not tool-free and requires and allen wrench to change blades. Still, unless I have a big job, I go to the cordless Milwaukee first.

The DeWalt is fine. The mounting system is a bit bulky, but it is tool-free. The trigger is large and easy to modulate to vary speed. Plenty of power, which I think would be the case for all corded tools.

Originally Posted by FT92
I have a harbor freight corded , has done everything I needed it to do, cant beat the price

Same.

It's the older dark red one (Chicago Electric?)

I beat the cARP out of it.... never failed me yet.

EARPLUGS ARE MANDATORY!!!

I have the 12v Makita cordless. It's the only one I've ever used so I have no frame of reference. It is a handy tool. Like MrHorsepower's Milwaukee it doesn't have a "tool free" blade change but I gather this allows for the head to be more compact, which is sort of the point of the 12v tools. The allen wrench stores in the handle so it's no big deal. Unless you're doing sustained cutting for a fairly long time the batteries hold up fine and I'm just using the 1.5 and 2 amp-hr ones.

If you've already got some cordless tools it would of course make sense to look into the same system, or if you're thinking about getting into one maybe consider what other tools you'd like to get.

jeff

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by FT92

Same.

It's the older dark red one (Chicago Electric?)

I beat the cARP out of it.... never failed me yet.

EARPLUGS ARE MANDATORY!!!

Also, after some sustained use, it will warm up/heat up.

Make sure your blades are sharpened and are not dull (aka, used a wood blade to cut trim and hit too many nails/metal corners)

Hoe depot/lowes/online has the adapters for many providers blades

I have the corded single speed one from Harbor Freight, and have been using it to undercut door frames to install new wood flooring. It cost like $14 with a coupon and works great so far. My only knock is that it is noisy as [censored], but they all may be like that, not sure. I actually use the same hearing protection I do at the gun range when using it for more than a quick job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back