Turtle Wax released a full ceramic product line - hybrid solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Should have seen this earlier... Because I just stocked up on the Seal N Shine lol.

A few weeks ago I just bought a new container of hard shell wax. Well I guess I'll have time to read a few reviews, and see how long it lasts, before buying it.

Originally Posted by painfx
Nice! Should have seen this earlier... Because I just stocked up on the Seal N Shine lol.

Adams Polishes sent me the ceramic kit they have. I just applied it this past weekend and the results are amazing. I will caution you the prep is the most important part. I did a thorough cleaning first, polished the hood and roof of vehicle, then wiped the vehicle with the cleaner they provided. All day job and the vehicle looks better than new.

Originally Posted by Amkeer
Adams Polishes sent me the ceramic kit they have. I just applied it this past weekend and the results are amazing. I will caution you the prep is the most important part. I did a thorough cleaning first, polished the hood and roof of vehicle, then wiped the vehicle with the cleaner they provided. All day job and the vehicle looks better than new.

Sounds good. Pictures would be nice..
wink.gif

Turtle Wax is gaining some popularity again in the detailing world, who would have thought? lol

I read this on Reddit. (not sure how accurate it is but I can see it making sense)

"Most ceramic coatings are particles of SiO suspended in a proprietary resin, that oxidizes as SiO2 (Silicon Dioxide). Some coatings (like Opti-Coat) use SiC (Silicon Carbide) instead, which acually bonds to the clear coat and crosslinks to itself during curing, creating (according to their marketing materials, at least) a stronger, continious surface.
These "hybrid" ceramic waxes like Ice Seal and Shine, Meguiar's HCW, and now this one, are likely polymer protectants or waxes with SiO or SiO2 particles suspended in them. So the particles will eventually wash off as the polymer gets worn off, which is why they don't last as long as the full-on ceramic coatings that use stronger resins. But also why they cost $20 a bottle instead of several hundred, or over $1000 for a professional paint correction and coating application."

Originally Posted by buster
Turtle Wax is gaining some popularity again in the detailing world, who would have thought? lol

LOL indeed. No self-respecting professional detailer would be caught using TW stuff.

Originally Posted by billt460
Can you use ceramic products over regular wax?

You can but you won't get the full benefit and durability. I would suggest removing the old wax with a Dawn soap wash.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001

LOL indeed. No self-respecting professional detailer would be caught using TW stuff.

smirk2.gif

LoL indeed="self-respecting professional detailer."

Last edited:
The ceramic spray coating is good for 12 months if you do a second application.

Seal and shine is good for 6 months with a single application. I have a bottle that I got a few months ago for $5. Haven't used it yet.

I have been using the spray wax which lasts 2 to 3 months and looks very nice on the one vehicle I've used it on which is a light color.

There should be comparison videos on youtube soon.

I would do some research before you spout off, go look at some comparisons to higher priced established companies and in fact they out perform them in longevity. For half sometimes less than half. This is not your Grandad turtle wax of old.

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
The ceramic spray coating is good for 12 months if you do a second application.

Seal and shine is good for 6 months with a single application. I have a bottle that I got a few months ago for $5. Haven't used it yet.

I have been using the spray wax which lasts 2 to 3 months and looks very nice on the one vehicle I've used it on which is a light color.

There should be comparison videos on youtube soon.

There is comparison videos. And they out perform some heavyweights.

Originally Posted by PimTac

You can but you won't get the full benefit and durability. I would suggest removing the old wax with a Dawn soap wash.

How about over Nu Finish? I'm not sure, but I don't think Nu Finish is in the regular wax category.

Originally Posted by wemay
Nu Finish is a polish. I apply it before I wax.

It says polish on the bottle, but it is a sealant with chemical cleaners.

Originally Posted by PimTac

How about over Nu Finish? I'm not sure, but I don't think Nu Finish is in the regular wax category.

I'm not going to bite on that treble hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back