Pennzoil's Marketing Seems Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by buster
They do have a great line of oils that keep pistons exceptionally clean, but unfortunately for Shell/Pennzoil they are creating a mess within their oil portfolio.

That's what Shell says but has there been any independent testing with other brands of oils that show this piston cleanliness?

All the brands tout their products. That's expected.

True I feel these companies have become loose with the comparison figures. However, you can't make stuff up either. Mobil remains the best in this area.

Mobil's marketing and advertising imo is the best in the business. Pennzoil is beginning to slip a bit it seems.

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
* 30% , 40% or 50% cleaner - which is it ? (lol !)

You will never know unless you tear down your engine.

It appears that their oils don't meet the Ford WSS-M2C946-B1 specs that my 2018 F15 3.5 EcoBoost require.

I will have to check my original owners manual, because I am sure I originally confirmed that the Pennzoil Platinum met the requirements.

did Ford move theirs specs up from a 946-A spec?

Originally Posted by cdlamb
It appears that their oils don't meet the Ford WSS-M2C946-B1 specs that my 2018 F15 3.5 EcoBoost require.

I will have to check my original owners manual, because I am sure I originally confirmed that the Pennzoil Platinum met the requirements.

did Ford move theirs specs up from a 946-A spec?

Yes, when they went to SN+(B1) sometime last year I think. I think any oil that meets Dexos gen2 will suffice for the new Ford B1 rating replacing the previous A rating.

Whimsey

It seems like the "Gas Truck" labeling is pretty good (gimicky) marketing ploy for SOPUS

Originally Posted by kstanf150

Lots of mouth and no data
Just your opinion which means nothing
Rural America where I live still walk up and purchase 90% of what they need and don't wait for Amazon
Apparently you live in a concrete world where everything is delivered to your door step

Well, you're not that rural cuzz you obviously have internet access..did you try researching it or do I have to do that for you too Mr. "I'm in rural America"....‚

Fact is pcmo sales (DIY'ers) at brick and mortar continues to shrink..the trend is towards online purchases. And DIY pcmo sales pale in comparison to the volume of product being moved at "do it for me" places like Jiffy Lube and what not.

Fun Stat...20yrs ago nearly 65% of households claimed to perform their own oil changes, now 70% of all households have someone else do it for them. This is largely due to shifting demographics.

Lubricant Sales

Lubricant Sale 2

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Lots of mouth and no data
Just your opinion which means nothing
Rural America where I live still walk up and purchase 90% of what they need and don't wait for Amazon
Apparently you live in a concrete world where everything is delivered to your door step

Well, you're not that rural cuzz you obviously have internet access..did you try researching it or do I have to do that for you too Mr. "I'm in rural America"....‚

Fact is pcmo sales (DIY'ers) at brick and mortar continues to shrink..the trend is towards online purchases. And DIY pcmo sales pale in comparison to the volume of product being moved at "do it for me" places like Jiffy Lube and what not.

Fun Stat...20yrs ago nearly 65% of households claimed to perform their own oil changes, now 70% of all households have someone else do it for them. This is largely due to shifting demographics.

Lubricant Sales

Lubricant Sale 2

The poll I listed this morning
Now 12 hours old
Says all I need to say
Walmart
Either online or walk in business
Leads the way

Your so called facts don't hold water to your claim of Amazon being #1

The poll I listed this morning
Now 12 hours old
Says all I need to say
Walmart
Either online or walk in business
Leads the way

Your so called facts don't hold water to your claim of Amazon being #1

Do you have a problem reading or is English not your native language? Show me where I said Amazon is #1 in online oil sales or oil sales in general? ..so I don't get what you're trying to prove?

And, you're polling BITOG'ers... hardly representative of the broader oil purchasing public. I would speculate the vast majority of BITOG'ers are DIY'ers when it comes to oil changing but the marketing data shows that with the broader public it's only about 25%. That means the overwhelming majority of vehicle owners are NOT walking into a brick and mortar or online, they're getting it done at places like Jiffy Lube. (do it for me)

I know for some people facts are stubborn little things but they are what they whether you choose to acknowledge them or continue living in some bizarre, alternative facts reality...but hey, don't let me stop you from being low information, this is America after all.. so you do you....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back