Honda Accord V6 Destroyed -- Timing Belt Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by atikovi
That's nonsense. Aisin is the OEM water pump and the same part they sell aftermarket except the HONDA logo is ground off.

Yet the picture you show has nothing ground off. Or do they grind off Honda and glue on "AISIN" ?

Honda uses Yamada pumps primarily - there's a little eagle logo on them. They do use Aisin too and that PCA mark is indicative of the OEM one...

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by DIANgEMinONV
I purchased the Aisin Kit, and returned it. The WP seemed of lower quality, and the TB is not Unitta that the Honda uses. Timing Belt components are critical parts, and therefore, I prefer Genuine parts purchased from Honda.

That's nonsense. Aisin is the OEM water pump and the same part they sell aftermarket except the HONDA logo is ground off.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Mitsuboshi is the OEM belt supplier.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

If you feel better that HONDA is printed on it, OK, but you're paying extra for that.

Mitsubishi does not supply any belts to Honda; they only supply belts to Toyota.

Aisin was the OE supplier of water pumps to Honda at one point, but Honda switched to yamada many years ago.

The Aisin is a decent kit but the fit/finish is not quite OE level in my experience. But for the price, it is a steal.

Mitsuboshi*

Hey, I'm not the one who misspelled it. Y U quotin me?
banana2.gif

I ran out of time to edit the post.

What's your point?

Folks have asked about where I got the parts for the job that failed, and here's where I'm going to take a severe excoriation from you men. I bought from an eBay seller with very high feedback and whose description said "genuine OEM Honda parts." …….
Doing some research on the V6 3.0L TB/WP kit(s) I will say that ebay has some "very" low prices on what they call "Honda OEM "kits, linked is one example. IMO, like the NGK plugs sold there, seems almost too good to be true. In other words...I'm very skeptical. To be clear, not saying that it is the part/kit purchased in this case, just similar description.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352657146232?ul_noapp=true

Otoh, member GemStater did what 'imo' is the best and most authoritative comparison thread of Honda OEM to the Aisin TB/WP kit, for Honda V6 engines 'of that era'. It's linked below. Clearly shows the pump to be Aisin in manufacture. The kit now lowest on Amazon but significantly more (~$175) than the ebay kit. The OP did go with the Gates/Unitta belt instead belt instead of the supplied Mitsuboshi. Imo, more for his peace of mind. In the link you can read Trav's comment about the supplied Mitsuboshi belt, which fwiw I agree. Also 'apparently' in conflict with information previously stated this thread, the Mitsuboshi accessory belt used is same as OE. As for what Honda may or may not be using currently on newer vehicles, other than of passing interest, 'for me' not relevant to the topic generation Honda. At this point, looks like Aisin kit will also be my choice.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4761511/Honda_V6_AISIN_TKH-002_Timing_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back