Thinking about taking a flier on Toyo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a set of the original Toyo H/T's on my 3rd gen 4Runner. I liked them better than the Michelin LTX M/S, and LTX M/S 2's I also ran on the same vehicle. I have Toyo A/T II's on that vehicle now. More aggressive and not as quiet, but better off-road, which is just about all it's used for now.

The original Toyo H/T's were quiet on road, never needed to be rebalanced, did great on wet roads, and surprisingly good in snow. I'd imagine the new H/T II's will just be a bit better in all aspects.

Originally Posted by 02SE
I ran a set of the original Toyo H/T's on my 3rd gen 4Runner. I liked them better than the Michelin LTX M/S, and LTX M/S 2's I also ran on the same vehicle. I have Toyo A/T II's on that vehicle now. More aggressive and not as quiet, but better off-road, which is just about all it's used for now.

The original Toyo H/T's were quiet on road, never needed to be rebalanced, did great on wet roads, and surprisingly good in snow. I'd imagine the new H/T II's will just be a bit better in all aspects.

Thanks...going on the GX470, 5 months of icey road here, very little off-road (have a camp truck for that)...I knew Toyo makes excellent pemium tires but whoa they're way under the radar...looking for really good on the dry road yet able to navigate ice..I can still get the original H/T or H/T II.

I'm also running Toyo C/T's on the Dually. They've been great.

I buy a lot of tires. I learned long ago that all brands can occasionally produce a tire with uniformity issues. It's much more convenient to deal with a brick & mortar store when an issue arises, than having to dismount and ship tires back, while waiting for another to arrive, etc.

Going to order the Toyo H/T II from of all places the local Ford dealer, he was willing to meet my best web price $155.00 per.

picked up a set of OEM chrome to go with the new Toyo H/T II tires...all good

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have used TOYO winter tires for many years now. Never had a problem, and the tires have performed excellent, equalling or exceeding various well known premium brands I have used.

But when I tell people what brand of tire I use, most people go ... whaaaaat ?

I've used Toyo tires before they rode and handled well with good traction in both rain and snow. However they never gave me the wear rated for the tire.

This old Lexus is 4,800lbs and full time 4WD so we will see about wear, I'm not expecting 70k but 50k would be nice...first set of Toyo's, was a Michelin guy for thirty years.

Last edited:
Let us know how you like them. I've sold a couple sets but never enough to make a "personal" recommendation. I guess no one ever comes back to complain
21.gif

coming from just removed Michelin Latitudes with 4.5/32 course the new ones impress but the test will come once roads here go snow packed then the sun turns it into a glaze..don't need much of a tire for propulsion with this drivetrain it's all about maneuvers and stops..I'll report back, right now less than 50mi. on them.

btw: put my readers on and confirmed Toyo made these in Japan.

new Toyo HT II tires are all around very good...today in 6" of new snow up my driveway (a 20ft incline and was plowed shut) ran right up without wheel slip...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yes it does seem Toyo is overlooked many times.. I have the Toyo extensa a/s on the civic and Nitto (toyo owns them) motivos on my scion tc. Both are excellent tires. And most of them hardly take any wheel weights to balance them! Not a lot of uniformity issues which compared to the other tires I've had in the past, a blessing!

I'm glad you're enjoying them! Reminds me of how mine perform, just that they do their job, and no complaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back