Got a 2016 Altima

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother in laws was fantastic in a accident. 4 wrecks in 2 years and not a scratch on her. I can second the Valvoline CVT fluid recommendation

So, Puckrobber, what was the cause of the no-start the other day?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by fcjeep

So, Puckrobber, what was the cause of the no-start the other day?

Still don't know. They changed the fob battery, but, still found issues. So, they've taken it to the local Nissan dealer to have their techs look it over. I hope to hear something today or tomorrow.

Well...
At least I can get in and out of 12 inches of snow...

And yet still manage zero to sixty in 5.7... not bad given everything.

Update on the car: Just got it back today. They said it was just a key fob battery issue. Took it on an errand drive through town, stopping at several places. Had no starting issues, fired right up every time. Drove smooth, good acceleration. Hard to believe a simple watch battery can cause those issues.
confused2.gif

Thank you for the update Puckrobber . Glad to hear it all got sorted out without turning into a big headache.
Best of luck with your Altima!

Originally Posted by fcjeep

Thank you for the update Puckrobber . Glad to hear it all got sorted out without turning into a big headache.
Best of luck with your Altima!

Thanks, FC! Same to you and the Xterra. I loved mine!

Originally Posted by Puckrobber
Update on the car: Just got it back today. They said it was just a key fob battery issue. Took it on an errand drive through town, stopping at several places. Had no starting issues, fired right up every time. Drove smooth, good acceleration. Hard to believe a simple watch battery can cause those issues.
confused2.gif

If its like the 4th Gen Altima there should be a slot somewhere (most likely by your left knee) to insert the keyfob should the key battery die, some cars you just hold the key up to the start button while you push it. Just for future if you ever have that issue again.
smile.gif

Yeah, if it was like our 2016 Nissan Quest, all you'd have to do is mash the FOB against the start button to get the vehicle to start if the FOB battery was shot. The big'ol watch batteries in these don't last long. Some batteries longer than others.

Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I just traded the Quest off for a 2019 ex-rental Pathfinder a few days ago. It came with two working FOBs Same setup as the 2016 best I can tell.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I always liked the V6 Altima coupes. Kind've a baby 350Z.

Except wrong-wheel-drive with a CVT.

We're they ever available with a standard transmission?

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I always liked the V6 Altima coupes. Kind've a baby 350Z.

Except wrong-wheel-drive with a CVT.

We're they ever available with a standard transmission?

If they were, they're rare as hen's teeth.

Originally Posted by pezzy669
Originally Posted by Puckrobber
confused2.gif

If its like the 4th Gen Altima there should be a slot somewhere (most likely by your left knee) to insert the keyfob should the key battery die, some cars you just hold the key up to the start button while you push it. Just for future if you ever have that issue again.
smile.gif

Thanks for the heads-up! Didn't know about that until after it was in the shop. Have to look to see if I have one of those slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back