ZAINO Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used so many different name brand all in one waxes, carnuba waxes, sealants, and polishes. But, I have never used any ZAINO products. Do they make a good all in one wax/sealant/polish, that goes on/off easy, lasts for awhile, and won't break my savings account?
Thanks.
smile.gif

I've used Zaino Clear Seal (Zaino CS) for about 12 years on three different autos. Love it! Very durable and it builds up as you add additional coats. I tend to do my autos 2 or 3 times per year, although the finish still appears very good. Easy application . . . literally wipe it on and walk away. It is a little pricey (about $30/6 oz. bottle, as I recall). But, a little goes a long way. Zaino says that the average car only takes 1/4 oz. but I find that I use more than that. Still, on a per use basis, the cost is very reasonable. FWIW, I use the Clear Seal by itself, not over any other product.

If you want the best AIO I have used, pick up Griot's One-Step Sealant.
[Linked Image]

If you want something locally, Meguiar's 3-in-1 Wax has you covered, and I've seen great results with it as well.
[Linked Image]

I used to use the whole Zaino Brothers system when I showed cars, nothing topped it. Now I don't want to invest that much time on family vehicles so I tend to use Meguiars or the Orange bottle polymer.

I'm a long time Zaino user. I detail my paint once in the spring and again in the fall. The less you touch your paint, the better IMO. It works excellent for me and I will share my step by step process below.

They have an AIO product, but I am reluctant to recommend it for use alone due to it's price of $27 plus shipping: https://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Z&Product_Code=Z-AIO . I think you can find a good off the shelf product like Mequirs Ultimate, etc. that will serve the AIO market.

Having said that, I use Zaino AIO in my paint detail regimen:

1. Wash, clay, rinse, dry vehicle (1 hour)
2. Apply/remove Zaino AIO (1 hour)
3. Apply 2 coats Zaino Z2 Pro with ZFX additive. (2 - 3 hours)

Done until next spring/fall. I go at a leisurely pace, listen to something good on the radio, adult beverages, etc.. In over 2 decades, I have never done a complete paint correction on my vehicles, except maybe a single light scratch or two. My FCA vehicles have always seemed to have very durable paint. I seldom wash my vehicles - probably no more than 6 times annually including the detailing washes. I use high quality microfiber products and wash techniques.

With my schedule, a bottle of Z2 Pro lasts 2 years, the AIO 4 - 5 years. It's applied VERY thin. Upfront costs seem high, but spread out over the years it is not bad ($20 +/- per year).

I've been using Zaino for 17 years.
I tried the flavors of the month and always went back to Zaino.

I have used Zaino for many years, but more on my classic cars. My daily drivers are old and I really don't concern myself with perfect paint on them any longer. When I did use Zaino on the daily drivers, it was very durable and had a great shine. I just got lazy and will occasionally use a one step product, when I feel like doing it.

On the classic cars, I polished both of them four years ago with a Flex polisher and 3M Perfect-It polish. I then followed up with Zaino Z-2 with ZFX additive and they still look great today. Keep in mind though, these cars never get water-washed, never see rain, and are kept in a climate controlled environment year-round under a car cover. They are lightly dusted off after a short summer drive and then I use the Zaino Z-6 detail spray to restore the shine.

I probably should do both of them this winter again, but we will see where my motivation level takes me...

Originally Posted by doitmyself
I'm a long time Zaino user. I detail my paint once in the spring and again in the fall. The less you touch your paint, the better IMO. It works excellent for me and I will share my step by step process below.

They have an AIO product, but I am reluctant to recommend it for use alone due to it's price of $27 plus shipping: https://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Z&Product_Code=Z-AIO . I think you can find a good off the shelf product like Mequirs Ultimate, etc. that will serve the AIO market.

Having said that, I use Zaino AIO in my paint detail regimen:

1. Wash, clay, rinse, dry vehicle (1 hour)
2. Apply/remove Zaino AIO (1 hour)
3. Apply 2 coats Zaino Z2 Pro with ZFX additive. (2 - 3 hours)

Done until next spring/fall. I go at a leisurely pace, listen to something good on the radio, adult beverages, etc.. In over 2 decades, I have never done a complete paint correction on my vehicles, except maybe a single light scratch or two. My FCA vehicles have always seemed to have very durable paint. I seldom wash my vehicles - probably no more than 6 times annually including the detailing washes. I use high quality microfiber products and wash techniques.

With my schedule, a bottle of Z2 Pro lasts 2 years, the AIO 4 - 5 years. It's applied VERY thin. Upfront costs seem high, but spread out over the years it is not bad ($20 +/- per year).

pretty much the same regimen that I follow...since about 2001 when my own test had Zaino beat the Meguiar's I was using...YMMV

Bill

Zaino at one time was among the best but from what I understand they now have fallen behind the competition. Still a good product I'm sure.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I have used so many different name brand all in one waxes, carnuba waxes, sealants, and polishes. But, I have never used any ZAINO products. Do they make a good all in one wax/sealant/polish, that goes on/off easy, lasts for awhile, and won't break my savings account?
Thanks.
smile.gif

It's expensive, yes. The $9-$11 mandatory flat rate shipping really adds to the cost. I have a corporate UPS account and the rates for boxes like that are 1/3 of those costs.

The all in one (Z-AIO) is $27 a bottle. I'm guessing 10-15 uses on it, depending on vehicle size. It does look good and I use it on my DD. ZAINO has been the only things ever used on my Mustang and it remains "showroom new". My collection of their products has steadily grown over time.

You get what you pay for here, and this can get expensive (IMO) quickly. It just depends on how big your savings account is as to it's value to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back