Audi RS3 confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dubber09
To OP - check out Klondike oil, it's a very high quality and locally made oil which is becoming popular lately.

And has which Audi approvals? I checked the approved oil list on the Audi website and didn't see any Klondike products listed.

Popular with whom? Sales reps for Klondike?

Originally Posted by kschachn
To OP - check out Klondike oil, it's a very high quality and locally made oil which is becoming popular lately.

And has which Audi approvals? I checked the approved oil list on the Audi website and didn't see any Klondike products listed.

Popular with whom? Sales reps for Klondike?

It actually looks like ok stuff, but yeah without actual approvals, I will have to pass.

https://klondikelubricants.com/wp-c...S-Full-Synthetic-Engine-Oils-Oil-PDS.pdf

Last edited:
How many oils are 'approved' on that list? If one want's only fully 'approved' and fully 'certified' then they are welcome to pick off that list.
For example - Castrol Edge 0w-40 isn't on the list and is only 'meets or exceeds' 502/505. Still a good oil, at least the 'made in Germany' one. And I'm not a Castrol fan at all.

How many oils are 'approved' on that list? If one want's only fully 'approved' and fully 'certified' then they are welcome to pick off that list.
For example - Castrol Edge 0w-40 isn't on the list and is only 'meets or exceeds' 502/505. Still a good oil, at least the 'made in Germany' one. And I'm not a Castrol fan at all.

Buy Mobil 1 0W-40 then which is on the Audi list and about the same price at Walmart. "Klondike" oil? Not on any European list.

Does Klondike oil make it feel like it is in sport mode?

Oh and for what it's worth if you have an erWin account the Castrol 0W-40 product does appear on the separate VW list for 502 00 approval.

Castrol 0W40 most certainly is on the VAG approved oil list under 502/505.

Capture.JPG

What is "fully" approved or certified? Does that mean there is 3/4 approved oil? or half approved oil?
Also, Castrol 0W40 is approved oil.

Originally Posted by 21Rouge
Or if you want to try a Canadian oil there is Petro Canada's 5W30 Euro oil:

Which does not have 502 00 approval, correct?

Or if you want to try a Canadian oil there is Petro Canada's 5W30 Euro oil:

Which does not have 502 00 approval, correct?

Yup. Only 504.

(Specifically

ACEA C3-16
VW 504 00/507 00
MB 229.51
Porsche C30
BMW LL-04)

I would be suspect of any of those listed approvals. The Mercedes-Benz one is not worded properly and the product does not appear on the bevo list. So it does not have MB-Approval 229.51 and I'd guess it doesn't have the rest either. It doesn't appear on the Audi list either but I haven't checked eWin.

I would be suspect of any of those listed approvals. The Mercedes-Benz one is not worded properly and the product does not appear on the bevo list. So it does not have MB-Approval 229.51 and I'd guess it doesn't have the rest either. It doesn't appear on the Audi list either but I haven't checked eWin.

I actually looked in this oil a couple months ago and the approvals said "paperwork in progress." I checked the data sheet now and it still says the same thing.

https://lubricants.petro-canada.com...M-8134E&type=TechData&lang=en-CA

I would use oils like this without hesitation but the problem is distribution. It's just so easy (and probably cheaper) to get one of the big names from CT.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells

I actually looked in this oil a couple months ago and the approvals said "paperwork in progress." I checked the data sheet now and it still says the same thing.

(FWIW I emailed PC about this a couple of weeks ago and got a reply from a senior technical advisor, and I quote...."our Petro-Canada Supreme CX-3 Synthetic 5W-30 Motor oil has the VW 504 00 / 507 00 approval")

(FWIW I emailed PC about this a couple of weeks ago and got a reply from a senior technical advisor, and I quote...."our Petro-Canada Supreme CX-3 Synthetic 5W-30 Motor oil has the VW 504 00 / 507 00 approval")

Yeah that is the thing about lists, they are not necessarily complete nor up-to-date.

I just ordered two jugs of M1 ESP for in-store pickup since the sale ends today. If CT carried the 5 qt jugs before, my decision this last little while would have been a lot less complicated
lol.gif

Also ordered a Mahle filter from local supplier.

Why not an OEM/Audi filter?

Well, it is, just in a different box

It is more expensive or less convenient getting the filter directly from the dealership?

It is more expensive or less convenient getting the filter directly from the dealership?

I actually never even tried, but probably both.

I think I told you in PM I have an account with the wholesale division of Germanparts.ca, they are quite literally 200 yards down the street. They carry the Mahle and Purflux for this application. The OEM ones have fiber end caps, as does the Mahle, so I went that route. The Purflux has plastic end caps. The ones from the dealer are either Mann or Mahle depending on supply at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back