Water pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replacing water pump this weekend on 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.7 Hemi.

Can anyone give me some tips on adding coolant back in and burping g out any trapped air? I have a Lisle spill funnel I plan on using.

Thanks

The 5.7 water pumps of earlier years had a bleeder screw in the water pump itself I'm pretty sure. They few I did, I used the screw since it was a new pump. I don't touch the bleeder screws if they are old, though.

If they don't have a bleeder screw anymore, or I'm mistaken and they aren't on the water pump itself, I'd just pull a high heater hose and fill till coolant comes out each side of the heater hose and heater core or pipe that you pulled the hose off of. That'll get the majority of the air out.

Pretty sure the thermostat mounts into the water pump as well. If that's still the case I'd get a new thermostat if you haven't already.

My Jeep has a bleeder located on the upper radiator hose mounting flange right before where it enters the top of the Engine. I believe it takes a 10 mm hex key or wrench to loosen.....fill radiator with bleeder opened until coolant starts to run out, then close......rev the engine a few times to "burp" it. Use Lisle funnel and fill until the cooling fans cycles twice.....remove and you should be good to go. Watch the overflow container for a while until all air bleeds out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back