Dogs Peeing

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my neighborhood we have many dog walkers. I like dogs but, have a kitty. The dogs owners stop and allow their dogs to Pee on my mail box post. The people seem to think that it's normal and, I don't and I'm sick of it. Is there a humane way to stop dogs from peeing on my property. I don't want to sit outside with a stun gun or water gun fill with nasty stuff but, I may. Ed

There might be a product you can spray on the post so the dog will not want to do his business there. Google it.

[Linked Image]

Buy some bear urine and put it on the post and around the post, they won't go near it (don't ask me how they collect it). Most any predator urine will do the trick.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by thastinger
Buy some bear urine and put it on the post and around the post, they won't go near it (don't ask me how they collect it). Most any predator urine will do the trick.

Exactly ðŸ‘

I recommend you find something important to fret over. A dog peeing on a mailbox post should be the least of your worries.

Originally Posted by thastinger

Yes they will. Male dogs will try to discourage the "predator" by putting their urine over the top of the predator's urine.

When the very first dog marked your post it was game on for every male dog that walks past. It's how dogs mark their territory and it is perfectly normal to dogs and their owners. (It's a whole different problem if the owner is marking too!)

You can probably try some repellent products, anyone who recommends bear or predator urine has never been around it. A guy who doesn't like dogs whizzing on his post isn't going to want to mess with that stuff, it stinks.

Agreed, pee on it yourself. Establish dominance. if the dog comes back, run out and pee on it and the owner.

Anybody else think this is absolutely ridiculous? it's a mailbox post. At the curb. On the road. The county sprays far worse on weeds and mosquitos to control Zika. Just deal with it. What are you out there smelling your own mailbox? Just get the mail.

Sounds like you should beat those dogs to a bloody pulp. Show them who's boss!

On a serious note, is it actually hurting anything?

Originally Posted by T4RF
Agreed, pee on it yourself. Establish dominance. if the dog comes back, run out and pee on it and the owner.

Anybody else think this is absolutely ridiculous? it's a mailbox post. At the curb. On the road. The county sprays far worse on weeds and mosquitos to control Zika. Just deal with it. What are you out there smelling your own mailbox? Just get the mail.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back