ECOGARD X 4459 NEW FILTER CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
From member Subierubyroo. I'd say other than sloppy glue as seen in pics it's a 3k filter.

Enjoy the pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Irishman
Another great C & P. Thank you. Irishman

You are welcome friend
smile.gif

Originally Posted by blupupher
I would rather have a little extra glue than not enough.

Agree, a good 3-5000 mile filter, especially when found for div>

Yep. I'm sending you the Prime Guard 4459 filter along with the ULTRA and NAPA GOLD
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Irishman
Another great C & P. Thank you. Irishman

You are welcome friend
smile.gif

Originally Posted by blupupher
I would rather have a little extra glue than not enough.

Agree, a good 3-5000 mile filter, especially when found for div>

Yep. I'm sending you the Prime Guard 4459 filter along with the ULTRA and NAPA GOLD
smile.gif

Very nice Car53 ..

You are a good, good guy... I am very glad to have gotten to know you on here. I am proud to say you are a friend of mine.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Not bad for $2. Glue affixed to the outside should be of minor concern. We gonna get to see more filters tonight?
smile.gif

Is RockAuto the only place selling these?

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Not bad for $2. Glue affixed to the outside should be of minor concern. We gonna get to see more filters tonight?
smile.gif

Rural King in my area started carrying them.

smile.gif

I will cut the small ones (used ones from your insert car make/model here) tonight.

The Bosch and pof241 and 4615 will go to good use
smile.gif

I have a OEM Kia/Hyundai VO 148 I believe is #to hack sometime. Looks identical to OEM filter

Yes, Rural King is where I buy mine. If you're looking to save money and/or help F&F that need "inexpensive" maintenance, it's hard to beat a $2 filter and $13.99 for 5 quarts of Warren dexos1 Gen 2 synthetic oil. If you live a ways away from a Rural King, make a road trip and buy 4-5 OCIs worth, and still be under $100 total. As much as we BITOG cognoscenti like to look down our noses at $2 filters because they are only 90-95%@20 microns, nothing in the data shows there is any real benefit other than "feel good" when assessing ROI vs. the better filtration and oils available.

Here's a quick example, you buy new car and plan on driving it for 150k miles, with 5k OCIs (ignore all the whatifs, and what nots):

30 Prime Guard filters & 30 jugs of 5W20 Harvest King oil, with tax: $63.88 in filters, $449.08 in oil for a total of $512.96
30 Mobil 1 filters & 30 jugs of 5W20 Mobil 1 at "regular" price, with tax: $320.68 in filters, $833.64 in oil for a total of $1,154.32
Savings to run "meets manufacturer spec" items vs. "best preference": $641.36 dollars saved, or 55.6% cheaper. You'd never need a UOA, never need to worry. Yes, I know "most" of us wouldn't run Mobil1 only 5k, but this was just an example.

Either one pales in comparison to the cost of fuel over those 150k; even at 30mpg @ $3.50/gal, fuel costs would be a whopping $17,500 for that distance!

As much as we BITOG cognoscenti like to look down our noses at $2 filters because they are only 90-95%@20 microns ...

Are they actually ISO 4548-12 rated to that efficiency on the box? 95% at 20μ is same as regular Wix/NAPA Gold and Fram EG.

Not on the box AFAIK, but there have been some intrepid people who emailed both PrimeGuard and EcoGuard for info, and I seem to remember that's what was posted a couple months back in the filter section. As I also said about most of the Wix/NG offerings, many of them also state 99%@23 microns on the NAPA website.

It was more a general statement than an endorsement or "proof" for these filters, me saying that if the performance is there, inexpensive cost (and/or MiC) should not be a turn-off by itself.

Yes, Rural King is where I buy mine. If you're looking to save money and/or help F&F that need "inexpensive" maintenance, it's hard to beat a $2 filter and $13.99 for 5 quarts of Warren dexos1 Gen 2 synthetic oil. If you live a ways away from a Rural King, make a road trip and buy 4-5 OCIs worth, and still be under $100 total. As much as we BITOG cognoscenti like to look down our noses at $2 filters because they are only 90-95%@20 microns, nothing in the data shows there is any real benefit other than "feel good" when assessing ROI vs. the better filtration and oils available.

Here's a quick example, you buy new car and plan on driving it for 150k miles, with 5k OCIs (ignore all the whatifs, and what nots):

30 Prime Guard filters & 30 jugs of 5W20 Harvest King oil, with tax: $63.88 in filters, $449.08 in oil for a total of $512.96
30 Mobil 1 filters & 30 jugs of 5W20 Mobil 1 at "regular" price, with tax: $320.68 in filters, $833.64 in oil for a total of $1,154.32
Savings to run "meets manufacturer spec" items vs. "best preference": $641.36 dollars saved, or 55.6% cheaper. You'd never need a UOA, never need to worry. Yes, I know "most" of us wouldn't run Mobil1 only 5k, but this was just an example.

Either one pales in comparison to the cost of fuel over those 150k; even at 30mpg @ $3.50/gal, fuel costs would be a whopping $17,500 for that distance!

The closest RK to me would be a 400 miles round trip but I totally understand your logic. I hope RK opens a location close to me soon.
Does RK sell the synthetic version ?

The closest RK to me would be a 400 miles round trip but I totally understand your logic. I hope RK opens a location close to me soon.
Does RK sell the synthetic version ?

Yes, conventional jugs are 11.99, himi blend 12.99, full syn 13.99 all for 5 quarts!

Chris: I'll chop the used filters tomorrow or at latest Saturday. In laws in town or "surprise visit"

Chris: I'll chop the used filters tomorrow or at latest Saturday. In laws in town or "surprise visit"

Just curious
Have you cut open the Ecoguard Synthetic before ?

Just curious
Have you cut open the Ecoguard Synthetic before ?

No sir I cannot say I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back