What Do You Do For A Living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My day job is working in the retirement services division of a corporation that provides life insurance, retirement services, asset-based long-term care and employee benefits. I work in an area that basically handles set-up of your 401k/403b as well as their updates and other miscellaneous transactions.

My night job is working on - when time warrants - a website dedicated to the small travel trailer segment of the RV industry, with some 250,000 unique visits a year. I say it's a "job" because I do land the occasional advertiser to help pay for the annual domain name fees and other minor payouts. Website in my sig.

Sales Administrator for the company I am at now. Still moonlight a bit in the retail field......

Last edited:
Mechanical engineer for Boeing (only employer after college), aerospace and defense related projects. Probably around 100 different unique one off projects over 30 years. 18 of those years was in a test lab that tested everything from materials to fully integrated satellites. Space shuttle hardware, moon buggy and Hubble telescope work was done there to name a few. Also worked F-22 for many years which was some cool stuff.

100% disabled veteran. I homeschool my daughters and build street and race engines out of my garage as a hobby. I also do the maintenance for a couple local race teams.

I'm an anti-money laundering and risk assessment investigator for a bank.

I worked for 38 years for a synthetic lubricant ester manufacturer. Started as a bottle washer, worked in and managed the QC and R&D labs, and retired twelve years ago at 56 as VP Sales & Mkt. Still do a little consulting, volunteering, and sit on the board of our local food bank, but mostly savor every day with my beautiful wife in the peaceful Blue Ridge Mountains of southwestern Virginia!

Mechanic at a large fleet near the Pittsburgh Airport. In my spare time I am the best uncle or so the 2 crumb snatchers, err "nephews" say
smile.gif

Former airframe and powerplant mechanic, now a technical writer for an aerospace company that does maintenance and overhaul manuals for industrial gas turbine engines of a certain brand. Kind of a quiet, low stress office job, but occasionally get to travel halfway around the world every now and then to places I otherwise wouldnt bother going to, and that has been fun.

Originally Posted by BobsArmory
Originally Posted by CT8
Seems like all the posters have important employment.

Back in the day I was head bottle washer at Vernors.

Dont sell yourself short. You werent a bottle washer, you were the "End Product Containment Decontamination Engineer".

I was an electronics technician in the Air Force, worked on nuclear missile guidance system electronics. Now I'm still an electronics tech working for the National Weather Service, maintaining dopler radar, NOAA weather radio transmitters, and airport ASOS systems....until next May when I retire...

In ascending order of income/ descending order of love & pride:

Reserve soldier in the Canadian Armed Forces

Manager of farmers market, community garden network and a local food co-op

Freelance web developer

Originally Posted by CT8
Seems like all the posters have important employment.

Not much love around here for my chosen career in "performing arts" as my post was deleted.

...admins are probably jealous
smirk.gif

My retired job is Official Cat Box Attendant. I'm really good at it too. No complaints and a secure future. Some going and some coming but the job remains the same.What time is it kids? it's Pick and Pitch time Buffalo Bob.

Retired NAVY 22 yrs, Aviation Machinist Mate, Jets,Turboprops and Helos
Retired WalMart Distribution Center, 26 yrs, Receiving.
Stay at home dad for a german shepard and 2 cats.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Malo83
Retired NAVY 22 yrs, Aviation Machinist Mate, Jets,Turboprops and Helos
Retired WalMart Distribution Center, 26 yrs, Receiving.
Stay at home dad for a german shepard and 2 cats.
lol.gif

Thank You for your service sir
34.gif
10.gif

I got out after 6 years as a EN2 (SW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back