What if you got an old Muscle Car for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine who would do this for me would have grown up with me and known the fun we had in my '66 Nova. Of course, the one he would buy me wouldn't be a 194cid 6 with a powerglide. It would be a Nova SS with a 327 and 4 speed (the only way they came at the time, IIRC) and painted blue.

I was gifted a car recently. Not a muscle car. Not even close. But I loved it when I bought it 25 years ago and it's back in my driveway again. I just waxed it.

Muscle cars are not my cup of gasahol. It's my neurotic nature to be concerned with filling them up and the cost. Most are too big and fat. I'm a base level misfit groupie.

But then again: a Pontiac Tempest with the OHC 6 or the early ones with the Super Duty [? High comp, 4BBL carb] 4 cyl. A v8 Gremlin X. Hornet 360. Rebel Machine. 62 or 63 Plymouth 2 or 4 door sedan with 383, even 318. Very standard Road Runner: no options, bench seat, pop out rear windows

Jeez... I guess I can get tempted out of my skinflint ways.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DweezilAZ
I was gifted a car recently. Not a muscle car. Not even close. But I loved it when I bought it 25 years ago and it's back in my driveway again. I just waxed it.

Muscle cars are not my cup of gasahol. It's my neurotic nature to be concerned with filling them up and the cost. Most are too big and fat. I'm a base level misfit groupie.

But then again: a Pontiac Tempest with the OHC 6 or the early ones with the Super Duty [? High comp, 4BBL carb] 4 cyl. A v8 Gremlin X. Hornet 360. Rebel Machine. 62 or 63 Plymouth 2 or 4 door sedan with 383, even 318. Very standard Road Runner: no options, bench seat, pop out rear windows

Jeez... I guess I can get tempted out of my skinflint ways.

Heh, I can get that. I'm finally getting past any desire for the inline sixes; the modern era with vehicles that go zero to arrest in under 10 seconds make routine driving "need" reasonable power to avoid frustration. But I think a plain jane setup with a 2bbl V8 would be fine, that way all the brackets are in place and it can be hopped up cheaply. Then I could do all the mods to the level that I like.

There used to be a time where it was more honorable to do your own work, be it on your car or your house or whatever. In some ways I'm not sure why muscle cars and hot rods get lumped together, used to be "not cool" to buy your car from a catalog. A real rod had blood sweat tears in it, and was unique when done (or not done, since they were always works in progress, just waiting for the next mod).

Originally Posted by Cujet
Any of the high end Mustang variants from 68 through 71. One with a racing history would be quite nice.

[Linked Image from st.hotrod.com]

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Wow you ain't kidding. Those are both gorgeous.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

The 1st fuelie was in 1957; the 1st year of the 327 in a Vette.

You haven't seen - My Cousin Vinny - have you..

Originally Posted by chainblu
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

The 1st fuelie was in 1957; the 1st year of the 327 in a Vette.

You haven't seen - My Cousin Vinny - have you..

LOL:

"Oh, and there's more..."

Originally Posted by jakewells
i would sell that muscle car and buy a ford f100 much rather have a truck it is more practical.

So which one would you sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back