Motorcraft Spark Plugs on Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Some of the ACDelco plugs are NGK also. Funny to see all the "USA only" people squirm. Like the couple customers I have had with Mazdas who demand parts be "Made in the USA" when their VIN begins with a J.

That is funny !!

Also have it with Ford truck owners who have VINs that begin with 2 or 3.

Originally Posted by Kira
Tascaparts.com (a Rhode Island auto group I think) and Fordpartsgiant.com (?) would be solid sources for genuine parts, right?

Why?

Bob's a nice guy.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by qdeezie
I'd rather go with real Autolites than to go with what are likely knockoff Motorcrafts.

Are Autolite's still made in China ?

I don't remember, but I have a set of Autolite HT15 plugs in my truck (Ford 5.4) and for the past year or so they have been flawless. I ordered mine from Rock Auto.

For what it's worth, I also took the extra step of cleaning the threads in each spark plug well on the engine with carb cleaner and an oil galley brush from Harbor Freight to ensure I didn't have any grounding issues or issues with torquing the new plugs down to the proper specs. On the Ford Truck forums, this seems to be something brought up rather consistently on the 5.4s.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by Kira
Tascaparts.com (a Rhode Island auto group I think) and Fordpartsgiant.com (?) would be solid sources for genuine parts, right?

Why?

Bob's a nice guy.

My boss and I got passes to go in his hospitality area at Pomona years ago. It was pretty awesome, I have one of the exhaust valves as a crush washer holder in front of my keyboard.

Most of the guys and gals involved are just good people, doing what they love. I have quite the collection of broken and worn parts. My home office looks like a TF parts graveyard.

TSA agents used to question some of the things they found, now I know most by name.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by joegreen
I had a problem with counterfeit spark plugs from Amazon.

Shoot, I have some Amazon-procured Densos in my parent's van. I'll go buy a OEM Toyota or Denso plug from the parts house and compare it to the Amazon ones I have in there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back