2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kschachn
It has finally come time to replace one of my old vehicles (probably the Sienna) with a new one. A nearby dealership has a new 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5L with a manual transmission for a decent price, can anyone give any opinions on this car?

I can't wait to see if they give me a wholesale offer to purchase the old vehicle
wink.gif

Go for it!!! this is an awesome platform, reliable and trouble free. go on civicx.com and check on the people sharing their trouble free mileages. 1.5T can be tuned to your liking and still be reliable. Once again, I say 100% go for it

My brother has a 2019 CRV and he claims Honda has fixed the problem with fuel dilution. I don't know if it's true or not but it basically is a computer
adjustment or reprogramming to fix it. The 1.5s have a lot of power that's for sure.

The current Accord Sports are great driver's cars, at least in the segment they compete in.
My problem is I can't get past their looks... And I love Hondas!

The 2.0 is really pricey. There are sticks but you gotta find one.
You can get a 1.5 Sport for like $22K plus tax and licence.
I bet you will love it.

Last edited:
If it was a problem, you would hear about it. There is minimal chatter on some forums about older 1.5T engines, Minimal. , I say go for it. Even if it did have issues it can be mitigated with shorter oil change intervals, not that big a deal.

I wouldn't shy away from that 1.5T engine, starting with '19 models despite the dilution internet frenzy

Unfortunately, on a site like this you're going to get all kinds of people coming out of the woodwork telling you not to buy a Honda with the 1.5T because of fuel dilution in the oil. Nevermind the fact that most people telling you not to buy it don't know of a single failure directly related to the condition. Can the condition exist on those engines? Yes. Are the effects detrimental? No widespread evidence exists at this time. Does it exist on all of these engines? No. Has Honda implemented a fix for affected engines? Yes they have.

In terms of performance and efficiency it's a great engine, and as far as outright durability, Honda requires their turbo engines hit the same testing benchmarks as their naturally aspirated engines. I'd buy with confidence, especially if it's a new car. Then you've got the chassis/platform which is arguably the best in its class in terms of handling and driving feel.

It's also too early to tell if fuel dilution will have negative effects down the road since most of these cars are relatively new. Everyone thought the Ford 6.0 Powerstroke was a good engine for the first few years... until it wasn't. With that said, I think like always maintenance will be a huge factor. Those who check the oil and have it changed regularly will be fine, and those who just gas and go will be the first to experience any negative impacts fuel dilution will have.

as I said earlier I have this engine in my civic, and yes I have FD issues in the winter time only (short trip cold weather). guess how you handle it??? short oci's and weekly checks of the oil level. you will see it start to rise as the weeks progress. monitor it and take care of it, and it's a non-issue. I've had my civic for almost 3yrs with zilch engine related issues it's a fantastic little stout 4 banger

Yeah actually we are going to visit the Mazda dealer(s) Friday night. I really wanted a manual transmission but Mazda no longer sells the 6 with one.

I wouldn't rule out the 1.5T Sport just yet. Take it for a drive and see how you like it. The 2.0 seems to be about 5k more. Prob because they don't discount it as much since availability is so limited. With limited production Hondas they make a certain amount all in the same color and ship them out. Check back in a few weeks and it will be a different color. But be careful because the change over to the 2020 Accords will take place soon. More info on the link below:

https://www.driveaccord.net/threads...only-not-a-comment-thread.490145/page-18

Originally Posted by kschachn
Yeah actually we are going to visit the Mazda dealer(s) Friday night. I really wanted a manual transmission but Mazda no longer sells the 6 with one.

I totally hear ya! Driving an automatic is becoming unbearable. I'm ready to buy another standard transmission 2-seater!

If you really want a stick and the price is within reason then I'd go for it. Stick Accords are now unicorns. Manual Accords haven't been plentiful since the early years of the Gen 6, when we bought one.
Lots of chatter from those saying they'd never own a TGDI car, but time marches on as does technical development.
I find it implausible that Honda would put a time bomb engine in its bread and butter sedan.

Buy a used 9th gen sport 6MT? Bullet proof non turbo drivetrain and very cheap. We sold our 2014 with like 70k miles for about 12k. Compare that to the new higher sport prices and its a total bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back