New toy...19 Jetta GLI Autobahn

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice cars for sure + the replacement for early wolfsburg jettas. mine went 200 thou before trading, +was nicely enhanced to 300 tq + 275 HP with a mechanical aka Quaife that along with 4 snow tyres passed struggling or stuck svu's + 4wd's with all season but winter tyres. VW don't like mods + will quickly deny warranty for such + with the nice 6 yr 60 thou bumper to bumper leave it be, if you can resist as "chipped" turbo-DI VW's really goooooo!

Originally Posted by benjy
nice cars for sure + the replacement for early wolfsburg jettas. mine went 200 thou before trading, +was nicely enhanced to 300 tq + 275 HP with a mechanical aka Quaife that along with 4 snow tyres passed struggling or stuck svu's + 4wd's with all season but winter tyres. VW don't like mods + will quickly deny warranty for such + with the nice 6 yr 60 thou bumper to bumper leave it be, if you can resist as "chipped" turbo-DI VW's really goooooo!

My local VW service department is an APR dealer.

No warranty issues.

I love this car in current iteration. Congrats!

My 2nd car that was short lived(parked/totaled) was a 1988 Jetta GLI 16V and such a hoot to drive.

It has the DSG. The dealer had rows and rows of Jetta S and SE, 2 35th anniversary GLIs, 1 Jetta SEL and this GLI Autobahn. They didn't deal much, only knocked $1000 off sticker but they took care of the paperwork to get the daughter's BF financed and I figure the time and aggravation saved made the whole endeavor worthwhile. I really thought I might land on an A4 but I just couldn't spend that much $$ and sleep at night. I have rented a couple of A4s from SilverCar by Audi and really enjoy driving them but I feel like this new GLI splits the difference between a plain old Jetta and an A4 in price and capability.

The glass cockpit is cool. I have the interior lights set to red, so it looks like an 80s BMW at night. I also have oil temp, coolant temp and oil pressure gauges as the default on the infotainment screen. Now if it would show turbo boost I'd be all set. Not really a music devotee but the Beats Audio produces really clean sound. Don't like the sport setting, exhaust is artificially loud.

Waiting for my first door ding...

Originally Posted by CincyDavid
April production date, hit the dealer's lot in May. I think my wife is going to abscond with it...she keeps finding excuses to run errands.

She's a keeper.

Looks nice! Congrats! More pics please!
48.gif

3200 mile follow up. This thing is fun to drive! The brakes throw more dust than I am used to and the ancillary gauges in the center stack don't always work right in the AM...the oil pressure always does but the coolant and oil temp occasionally read --- unless I turn the power on and off to the radio(which shares the screen). Not a huge deal and diagnosis will wait till its first oil change. It has used 1/2 quart of oil and no other gremlins. My bride has absconded with it...I wind up with the Hemi-powered Grand Cherokee, which could be worse, I suppose.

Shoot, I have NO issue with a little oil disappearing...the '14 Accord used an alarming quantity before its first oil change, 2 quarts in 2500 miles or somesuch, then it settled down. I am also car shopping again...my bride wants to give the Grand Cherokee to the kid as a college graduation gift, so I need a new/used set of wheels. I would like AWD/4WD so we ha e at least one vehicle that can climb the hill into our subdivision the 3x it snows each winter. CTS4? VW Alltrack? 1st series VW Tiguan? Starting to formulate a plan...

The GTI in my signature used .5 quart during the first 1k miles, hasn't used any since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back