Add lubegard to Redline D4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by ARB1977
DW1 isn't anything magical. If your worried about it then use the Honda fluid.

I'm not especially worried about anything, but you said:
Stick to DW1 spec fluid. Valvoline, Amsoil or even Castrol. Ran Valvoline in our 08 CRV with no issues. I may run Amsoil in our 19 Pilot.
I was only pointing out the reality is that no other fluid including Amsoil, Castrol or Valvoline have the ATF DW-1 specification, so if you really wanted to "stick to DW1 spec fluid" as you said there is only one way to do so.

And as far as it being "magical" that's not a technical term I use. However, it is different as MolaKule has shown.

This topic seems to be a difficult one for some certain boutique brand users.

I was referring to any aftermarket fluid that has the DW1 label go with that. There's plenty of aftermarkets out there that fit the bill.

Hi-years ago I used Redline D4 in wife's 2004 accord transmission and immediately gave problems shifting-gears sipped too quickly out of hear if remember. I tried platinum additive with it and got worse slipping With the lubeguard platinum. I think small dose of lubeguard black seemed to help it. Amsoil ATF seemed more comparable with Honda Five speed automatic transmissions. And as much as I love universal synthetic transmission oils-the Honda Fluid am sure would have been better. The transmission itself did outlast the engine at nearly 200000 miles-as I got so scared about the transmission also added a Magnefine filter.

I have an older 2000 Lexus ls400 now and redline d4 also mixed in some redline high atf seems much more in sync with this Asin transmission. Schaeffer 204 atf also did well in Honda transmissions. I only have put lubeguard red in this transmission.

...I was referring to any aftermarket fluid that has the DW1 label go with that. There's plenty of aftermarkets out there that fit the bill.

I have disagree and if you look at this thread you will see why:

Three ATF Analyzed

DW1 chemistry is very different from some fluids that may claim coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back