Tires Plus opinions (mounting outside tires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Hi,

I have 4 new tires that need to be installed this weekend. I've never used Tires Plus before, but the quote was substantially lower than the business I usually go to (Mills Fleet Farm).

I'd just like some opinions on their level of competence. I've been happy with Fleet Farm (and listen up Fleet Farm customers), they have jacked up their rates by 50% for installation of tires, whether outside, or their tires.

I appreciate the help.

Store is located in New Hope, MN FYI

Last edited:
You might get some good anecdotes here, but will only be relevant to you if from the same shop, within a reasonable employee turnover period. Well, policy and warranty might apply to every shop and matter to you.

Originally Posted by Kira
mjk: Anything to separate your job from the crowd? (odd size - delicate wheel )

no... 265 75 16 on a 01 Tahoe.

@mjk How much are they quoting for an install? Our local garage will mount a set of four with RoadForce balancing for $80. Another quotes a $100 with RF. Northern Suburbs of Philadelphia.

Completely dependent on the location, management, and employees. Tires plus is part of Bridgestone retail operations which also includes Firestone retail locations. In general, higher priced and will try to upsell you on another service you did not come in for. I used multiple locations once upon a time (following a mechanic), but stopped once the mechanic I trusted moved away. Results otherwise were hit and miss, and always more expensive than a true independent.

Basically, here are some general numbers..

Fleet Farm now wants approximately 130.00 for mounting/balancing/disposal

Tires Plus is approximately 70.00 for same service.

The person who helped me at TP had indicated one of their top techs was working on the day in question.....and to ask that he be the one to do the job...

130.00 is ridiculous. It is also the result of the new financial group that now owns Fleet Farm, and this came directly from the service writer.

Well, I am not much of a negotiator, but I showed FF the Tires Plus quote. They not only matched it, but went 10.00 under them....long time customer of them..

Pays to follow up, I guess.

Originally Posted by mjk
Well, I am not much of a negotiator, but I showed FF the Tires Plus quote. They not only matched it, but went 10.00 under them....long time customer of them..

Pays to follow up, I guess.

Excellent, no way could you do it for $60 in PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back