What Do You Do For A Living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retired at 54
Was an Electrical Engineer for Raytheon for 12 years then IT ( Unix Admin ) for 20 years until jobs went overseas.
Now I do a little of construction here and there.

Originally Posted by CT8
Seems like all the posters have important employment.

Back in the day I was head bottle washer at Vernors.

Originally Posted by Ursatdx
I own/operate a "Quick Lube".
35 years in the business.
21 years at current location.

I did that as well. Started off at a dealership, then worked for an independent shop. You remember QLube? Worked for them until the Pennzoil-Quakerstate merger in turn QLube was absorbed by Jiffy Lube. Left them to manage a Texaco Xpress Lube, then back to another independent...then decided to get into trucking. About 14 years total in the quick lube business.

Originally Posted by CT8
Seems like all the posters have important employment.

I knew this would be interesting. You're right. A lot of very cool and important careers here that help the country/economy thrive.

I'm sure we'll have some sarcasm along shortly about a professional basement dweller.

Stay at home dad. One on one defensive tactics and firearms instructor a few times a year to mostly surgeons, doctors, and lawyers, corporate executives, via word of mouth.

Before that, a police officer. Before that a court bailiff. Before that a corrections officer in a mental health state prison (terrible). Before that a loss prevention security officer for a large retail chain. And a small engine repair shop.

Part time college student and part time enterprise rent a car employee. I can confirm the fastest vehicle is indeed a rental car.

Property management for myself. I manage and do a lot of the repairs and maintenance to them.

Sales for TEXAS REFINERY.

President of STEVE IS THE OIL GUY if you have a lubrication issue we have a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back