Some of my old cars! Found these today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
I thought these pictures were lost to time. Found an old back up disk today. Made me smile.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The wife's 02 Jetta TDI, by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. It had the dreaded carbon build up twice.
[Linked Image]

One of my Dodge Daytonas. This was an 85 5 speed cloth car
[Linked Image]

This was my old 1991 S-10 Blazer I talk about. Here my buddy has put Camaro rims on it since at this point it was his. He drove it to just over 400,000 miles. I personally drove it to 280,000
[Linked Image]

Big Poo, my old 89 GMC 1 ton
[Linked Image]

Harvey the RV. A 1998 24 foot Fleetwood Southwind. I loved this Motorhome. Modified 454, air bags and super blue suspension. Thing ran and rode so well.
[Linked Image]

My 04 5.3 Silverado, we didn't have it long. It was my wife's idea. She realized soon after I was not a truck guy.
[Linked Image]

My 1988 Six Lug 3/4 ton Chevy 350. Got it from the neighbor with 166,000 miles on it not running. Replaced the ESC, plugs and wires. Fired right up. I used it until 200,000 miles.
[Linked Image]

My 2001 Z28. This car went 12.95 with paper tags and 151 miles on it. This is when it was running high 11's Eventually put a cage in it and ran 11.10's Sold it when I got divorced.
[Linked Image]

Last and certainly least. This lovely auction find. Bought it at auction for 10 dollars. Drove it home and had a K-car destruction party. Everyone from the neighbor hood stopped by to
get a whack, drained the coolant and oil. Added beer and various other items to the crank case. It took a long time to lock it up. Cost 75 bucks to have it hauled away. It was a lot of fun.
I was maybe 27 years old when we did that.
[Linked Image]

Off to the junkyard.

Oh yeah, I had a Lebaron GTS that had those holes in the rim for the stock wheels also, that had the 2.2L 5 speed turbo. That K car looks like the early 1981-1984 Aries wagon.

Yeah I will always have soft spot for the Turbo Mopars.

Ah yes the K-Car wagon. I wanted to save it but, the transmission was slipping, it had tons of electrical problems and just wasn't worth it.

I wanted to give it to a friend of mine who was a single mom as she needed a car.

At the same auction the next month I found a fully loaded 87 2.2 turbo Lebaron with 72,000 miles on it. I picked it up for 135.00 bucks. I fixed an axle, valve cover gasket, did some general maintenance and she drove it for 6 years. Glad I found that one.

I always wanted another Lebaron. Guy I had bought it from had an aftermarket turbo computer in it, not sure what it was but I test drove a few stock ones after mine blew a head gasket and they just weren't that fast. Probably gave it more boost which is probably why the head gasket blew, but it was a cold day when it blew so it was probably just time and expansion/contraction of the heads. Or at least something with the 2.2 Turbo II which had an intercooler, but they weren't that common and I never found one at a good price.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
I always wanted another Lebaron. Guy I had bought it from had an aftermarket turbo computer in it, not sure what it was but I test drove a few stock ones after mine blew a head gasket and they just weren't that fast. Probably gave it more boost which is probably why the head gasket blew, but it was a cold day when it blew so it was probably just time and expansion/contraction of the heads. Or at least something with the 2.2 Turbo II which had an intercooler, but they weren't that common and I never found one at a good price.

I had no less than 7 different turbo Mopars. To include an 88 Dodge Daytona Shelby, 87 Shelby Lancer #24, and an 86 Omni GLH.
I messed around with them for years. The early ones did blow head gaskets, they were better when they went to the 11mm head bolts.

Beat me to it. I has an '85 LeBaron with those same "holy wheels" (same black paint with same pinstripes too!).
Got the wheels free as an abandoned car was going onto the truck to the shredder.
Never thought I would ever thank the Interstate Bridge Authority for anything.

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
12.95 is an extremely good 1/4 mile time for a bone stock Camaro.
cheers3.gif

I remember Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords got a bone stock 1998 Z28 to run 12.82.
Most guys ran 13.20 in the 1998 to 2000 F-bodies.
In 01 when they went to different heads and the LS6 intake there were a bunch of guys who broke the 13.00 mark.

Loved all those turbo Mopars, from the LeBarons & 600s through the Shadows & Sundances. Hilariously long turbo lag combined with an automatic was part of what made them fun to drive. Light turns green, nail the gas, count to 3, and WHOOOOSH. Always wanted a Shelby GLH-S, actually got to ride in a Shelby Charger a few times. Impressive machines for the day.

Originally Posted by ls1mike

Last and certainly least. This lovely auction find. Bought it at auction for 10 dollars. Drove it home and had a K-car destruction party. Everyone from the neighbor hood stopped by to
get a whack, drained the coolant and oil. Added beer and various other items to the crank case. It took a long time to lock it up. Cost 75 bucks to have it hauled away. It was a lot of fun.

Off to the junkyard.

Awww, the poor car. I wouldn't have had the heart to do that.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Originally Posted by ls1mike

Off to the junkyard.

Awww, the poor car. I wouldn't have had the heart to do that.

I felt a little bad, but I have saved a bunch of K-cars at auction, this one was just too far gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back