2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has finally come time to replace one of my old vehicles (probably the Sienna) with a new one. A nearby dealership has a new 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5L with a manual transmission for a decent price, can anyone give any opinions on this car?

I can't wait to see if they give me a wholesale offer to purchase the old vehicle
wink.gif

Originally Posted by paoester
Honda still have strange problems with 1.5L turbo fuel dilution? If so, run away. Get the hybrid version.

Afaik, the fuel dilution issue persists. Whether it actually makes a difference in longevity is an open question. I wouldn't buy one for that reason but others may conclude otherwise.

OP, there are lots of UOAs here if you want to explore further.

Last edited:
Reading the Wards Auto article I cited above, at the end of the article is some evidence it is a problem even in warm (Louisiana example) climates. I don't know what to think. Some risk here. Class action lawyers love this.

All right thank you for the comments. I've read the fuel dilution threads but I wasn't making the connection to this engine.

This particular dealer does not have a 2019 with the 2.0 engine and a manual transmission, so I'll have to look around some more or give up the manual (or the year),

I have the 1.5t in my civic it's given me no fd issues whatsoever....I do however use short oci's especially in winter.....

Originally Posted by Tjbouwhu
I believe the issue, in some vehicles, was the civics and CRV's...for some reason?

confused2.gif

Does anyone know what this statement is supposed to imply?
Is it that the issue was isolated to CRV's and Civics?
or ??

You can buy the Accord Sport 2.0 6 MT but its expensive. We were able to buy a $40k MSRP Regal TourX for less than a 6 speed Accord Sport 2.0. Then you have a very powerful front wheel drive only platform. Personally i'm not in love with any of the new Accord options. Unless you put a lot of miles on, then the hybrid is pretty sick.

Originally Posted by t1snwrbrdr12
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can get a 2.0 with a manual transmission.

According to Honda's website you can.

I'm one of those that if he likes a vehicle enough and gets the price down to where it makes sense, i get it. Do i take into consideration the few with issues? Yes, but it isn't the deciding factor in most cases.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by t1snwrbrdr12
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can get a 2.0 with a manual transmission.

According to Honda's website you can.

Finding one is the problem. You can't order a build from Honda. Even the US built cars. Honda USA decides which cars are sent to the individual dealerships. This makes finding any manual tranny Honda in your trim/color etc just about impossible. We tried to buy an Element with a stick and more recently an Accord with that third petal...gave up.

Best they could do was.."we found your car in Boston, that dealer wants sticker and we need another $1800 to ship it here".. this is on a car that is rolling off the assembly line every day and shipping to dealers. Just not to any dealer in New Mexico.

According to the Honda website there are 2, maybe 3 of the 2.0T Accord Sport with a manual transmission available in the greater Milwaukee area, but only one at each dealer. However they have all been white, which my wife does not want.

Does anyone know what this statement is supposed to imply?
Is it that the issue was isolated to CRV's and Civics?
or ??
[/quote]
Yes, my understanding is that the excessive fuel dilution issue is isolated to the civics and CRV's with the 1.5l turbo engine. I ha a 2018 CRV, and have thus issue with mine.

And, my understanding is that the Accords with the same motor are not having the issue...but I do not understand why???

Originally Posted by wemay
I'm one of those that if he likes a vehicle enough and gets the price down to where it makes sense, i get it. Do i take into consideration the few with issues? Yes, but it isn't the deciding factor in most cases.

OP the above is sound logic. If you like the vehicle overall then I wouldn't say no because it's DI and can Dilute the oil. Sure you may need to run shorter OCIs, but If it's what you want I wouldn't let the Internet "fear" of the 1.5T scare me away.

That should be a fun car with a stick!

Last edited:
According to the Honda website there are 2, maybe 3 of the 2.0T Accord Sport with a manual transmission available in the greater Milwaukee area, but only one at each dealer. However they have all been white, which my wife does not want.

I find it absurd that Honda is making this so difficult to get in your color and transmission. What happened to the customer is always right?

I wouldn't sweat the fuel dilution situation on the 2019. Honda's are usually pretty reliable and long lasting. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be on top of the situation by now.

All right thank you for the comments. I've read the fuel dilution threads but I wasn't making the connection to this engine.

This particular dealer does not have a 2019 with the 2.0 engine and a manual transmission, so I'll have to look around some more or give up the manual (or the year),

There seems to be little information on the 2.0T. I don't think we can say with certainty that the 2.0T is immune from the problem. Most TGDI engines, regardless of brand, can be susceptible to the issue. Some worse than others, obviously.

I oversee maintenance on a 2017 CR-V 1.5T. It has almost 50K on it and was one of the early build 1.5T's. The engine has been fine with the exception of a leak from the camshaft cover plate (similar to the half-moon seal on a 1MZ, but Honda uses a cover that is sealed with RTV) that was repaired early on under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back