Shield Rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great deal. I just got a $100 rebate on a Kimber...gun sales are fairly slow right now we need to take advantage because I don't think it will last.

My current Shield has been perfect. I'm trying to resist picking up another one but it will be tough.

Originally Posted by hatt
My current Shield has been perfect. I'm trying to resist picking up another one but it will be tough.

The trigger on the 2.0 itself makes the purchase worth while. Have you had a chance to shoot a 2.0?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

The trigger on the 2.0 itself makes the purchase worth while. Have you had a chance to shoot a 2.0?

I haven't shot a 2.0. I have heard it's got a better trigger than the 1.0. It's also currently quite a bit more expensive. The trigger on mine is absolutely fine for what the gun is designed to do so it's not something I worry about.

I haven't shot a 2.0. I have heard it's got a better trigger than the 1.0. It's also currently quite a bit more expensive. The trigger on mine is absolutely fine for what the gun is designed to do so it's not something I worry about.

I feel the same, I have no issues with my original shield. I pull the trigger and it goes boom.
Just put another 300 rounds through it today.

$50 off would have been nice though.

Originally Posted by gotnogunk
Kentucky Gun Co. has M&P 9 3" barrel for 209.99

Link?

I had a 9mm Shield. It was a great gun. Don't think I ever had a stovepipe in it. I really only put 1000 rounds thru it. Just a bit large for me to pocket carry so I traded in on a G43.

Palmetto State Armory had first gen M&P Shield, 9mm, 3.1" barrel with thumb safety for $200, without safety $210 after rebate for both. Just google Palmetto State Armory and check daily deals

Ditto.
Bought a stock Shield about a year after it came out. It's not a target trigger, but not unreasonably heavy and break is relatively clean; reset is quite detectable.
People can insist on a target-quality trigger on a defensive gun if they like; heck, it's their money and they'll be ones shooting it.
That said, give me a good gun with a reasonable trigger, and I'll put a little range time in and adopt to it.
My experience with the Shield is that's it's been super reliable, silly accurate (and comfortable to shoot) for a compact and a non-picky ammo eater.

I bought the S&W .380 Shield EZ M2.0 with the manual safety about a month ago and it has been very reliable. In the deal, it came with two extra magazines, a trigger lock, and a box of Federal ammo.

I took my grandsons to the range recently. They really took to it and are shooting as good as Grampi.

Last edited:
I've had the 1st Gen Shield for a few years now. Over 1000+ rounds through it and never had an issue. I have shot the 2.0 version and while the the trigger is just a tad bit better (maybe it's just me) I feel there's no reason to upgrade. Great carry pistol.

Originally Posted by road_rascal
I've had the 1st Gen Shield for a few years now. Over 1000+ rounds through it and never had an issue. I have shot the 2.0 version and while the the trigger is just a tad bit better (maybe it's just me) I feel there's no reason to upgrade. Great carry pistol.

Yes its just you a tad LOL even after a good trigger job a 1st Gen Shields trigger is never going to be that good.

$199.99 after rebate at PSA. My 1st gen Shield has been stone cold reliable without as much as a hiccup after 1,000 plus rounds. The Shield 2.0 is $289.99 after rebate at PSA. Both great deals.

Originally Posted by road_rascal

Yes its just you a tad LOL even after a good trigger job a 1st Gen Shields trigger is never going to be that good.
I bet the aftermarket accessories companies love you. You sound like a gear guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back