Detailed the new Renegade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some detailing it today, just bought it last week. Here are the pics (before and after!).
Used Meguire's Super soap, then clayed it with some $13 amazon clay mitt (worked great!), then polish with a blue pad and Meguire's Ultimate Polish. Topped it off with DG 111/601 mixed with a black pad.
Before:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

After:

Thanks guys! The plates are back on...sans frames.

And the XJ is way cool. Pretty much rust free. Kind of a Jeep family!
smile.gif

Meguiar's*

Looks great!
Originally Posted by Onetor
Looks awesome! I would redact the license plate info....

Why? Should he obscure them while he drives around?

Friend of mine has one, and he said its made in Italy, with American-built engine and tranny. Is yours made in the Brazil factory or the Italy one? Window sticker divulges all that.

Question: Is it safe to clay a new car's paint like you did? I've even heard you should wait 6 months before waxing. Maybe that is old advice that doesn't apply to new paint chemistry, just 20 years ago (???)

Originally Posted by paoester
Friend of mine has one, and he said its made in Italy, with American-built engine and tranny. Is yours made in the Brazil factory or the Italy one? Window sticker divulges all that.

Question: Is it safe to clay a new car's paint like you did? I've even heard you should wait 6 months before waxing. Maybe that is old advice that doesn't apply to new paint chemistry, just 20 years ago (???)

On detailing new paint, what you mentioned is old school knowledge when vehicles were painted by humans and needed curing. It does apply if your vehicle is repainted as in after a collision.

Today robots do all the painting and the vehicles go through ovens which bake the coats on. You can safely clay and wax a new vehicle that has gone through this process.

For a few moments there, I thought your standards were low. Or you detailed it, only to drive it in the rain before taking pictures. Haha!

Looks great.

Scott

PS Looks like a nice neighborhood.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Nice. You can see a bit of International Scout in it.

Having owned a Scout I thought the same thing. The front looks like a earlier to mid 70's Scout. The rear though is something different.

Thanks everyone! And yep they do salt/sand here. It sucks! But with washing once a week I've been able to keep my 05 Liberty and 07 LR3 100% rust free!

Originally Posted by paoester
Is yours made in the Brazil factory or the Italy one?

Such an odd question to ask about a Jeep. How did the LR3 get in your fleet and how is it holding up?

Nice job BTW.

Originally Posted by motts
It is a Fiat 500

Having owned both, no...no it is not.

It is related to the Fiat 500X...which is NOT a Fiat 500!!!

Hey you missed a spot
lol.gif
Looks great and love that color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back