Washed the Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents purchased a 2017 GMC Terrain with 51K miles a couple months ago. I am trying to get around to detailing it once a month or so. I was able to give it my usual treatment today. Black sure looks good when it's clean.

Also of note, it has been driven nearly 3,000 miles since purchase and there has been no noticeable oil consumption, a good sign.

fullsizeoutput_1363.jpeg

IMG_2032.JPG

Looks good. I hope the previous owners didn't put spider scratches in the finish. It would take a lot of correction on a vehicle that size.

Originally Posted by RayCJ

Looks good. I hope the previous owners didn't put spider scratches in the finish. It would take a lot of correction on a vehicle that size.

It looks like it has had an automatic car wash or two, but not as bad as most black paint I see. I plan on polishing it at some point.

Originally Posted by gregk24

It looks like it has had an automatic car wash or two, but not as bad as most black paint I see. I plan on polishing it at some point.

After years of reading here, I was on the alert when the dealer offered to gas up and wash the red LaCrosse before I took delivery. I said, "Car wash? What sort of place?"

"Oh, the automatic car wash on the boulevard."

"Never mind. Just fill her up; that'll be fine."

Originally Posted by Benzadmiral
Originally Posted by gregk24

After years of reading here, I was on the alert when the dealer offered to gas up and wash the red LaCrosse before I took delivery. I said, "Car wash? What sort of place?"

"Oh, the automatic car wash on the boulevard."

"Never mind. Just fill her up; that'll be fine."

I know 90% of people see no harm in using automatic car washes, so when the dealer asks if I would like a complimentary wash they probably think they are doing me a grand favor. I just cringe inside and say no thanks. They have done it without asking on both of our cars, it burns me up. All the work I put in to keep the finish in good shape goes out the door with one automatic car wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back