Change Fram Ultra with 720 hours on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did an oil change but left an XG2 on. It has seen 17.3k miles, 3 years 2 months and 720 hours.

I'm planning on another 10 months which would mean 4 years and up to 920 hours and 22.3k miles in total.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
Thoughts?

https://www.gofundme.com/

Get a filter, man.
11.gif

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'd change it.

This

Originally Posted by rollinpete
Originally Posted by Bud
Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'd change it.

This

And after that cut it open and do a C&P.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
I just did an oil change but left an XG2 on. It has seen 17.3k miles, 3 years 2 months and 720 hours.

That works out to be an average of 24 mph, certainly works out to be severe service. Change it, what are you trying to prove?

You got over 3 years out of it.. Don't you think you got your money's worth?

If it was me, I'd change it.

Just my .02

Keep going. Keep an eye on how many seconds it takes to get full oil pressure. My 6.0 Chev normally takes three seconds to get full oil pressure but one time I noticed it took six seconds after a long interval of three OCI's, so I changed the filter and it was back to three, This was with 5w30.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Keep going. Keep an eye on how many seconds it takes to get full oil pressure. My 6.0 Chev normally takes three seconds to get full oil pressure but one time I noticed it took six seconds after a long interval of three OCI's, so I changed the filter and it was back to three, This was with 5w30.

Thanks. Yes I paid attention to this after the oil change. The oil pressure light went out in less than a second.

Go to 6 seconds delay until full oil pressure OR 25,000 miles....whichever comes first. Aren't they built for 25,000 miles?

It's already been ask with no answer

What's the engine
And miles on the motor ????

And why push the envelope to make a statement about how long your filter will go and risk a $3000/5000 motor
Over time
We all need info

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back