How are these filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked one of these up today at Canadian Tire along with Shell Rotella Gas Truck for my Jeep to run at end of November OCI prior to winter, as every other brand of filter was not in stock. Anyone ever run one or have experience with them?

[Linked Image]

Give us pics of any lot or origin markings on the filter, or either the bottom or back of the box. Searching for that brand name is near impossible because you'll get too much noise in the results.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Give us pics of any lot or origin markings on the filter, or either the bottom or back of the box. Searching for that brand name is near impossible because you'll get too much noise in the results.

One moment.

It looks like it should be fine. Unfortunately the real test will be when you swap it out after an OCI. My gut tells me it will hold up fine, maybe the pleats will twist a little.

Based on the pics, it looks fine. Media pleating tight and uniform. I'll add that based on anecdotal postings, these cartridges can exhibit a wavy appearance post use. That seems to put off some, but as far as function some waviness hurts nothing, ie., just aesthetics. And this cartridge is a particularly long one, so imo some wave to be expected. As noted, real proof will be post use.

Also the box does look very sturdy, though the shoes and flip flops in the background look a tad disorganized. j/k

I will report back around February!. Like I was saying it's sturdy, can not move the pleats Barely at all.....I know that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. But we shall see.

Originally Posted by pktrkt
Like the Quaker State filters CT sells, these Certified filters are made by Purolator. Same quality as the Quaker State, cheaper price.

welcome2.gif

Thank you for that information
thumbsup2.gif

Like the Quaker State filters CT sells, these Certified filters are made by Purolator. Same quality as the Quaker State, cheaper price.

Thanks for that info, was back in Canadian Tire as well and noticed many more items that carry this the "Certified" name and same colour scheme packaging.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

welcome2.gif

Thank you for that information
thumbsup2.gif

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Originally Posted by domer10

Thanks for that info, was back in Canadian Tire as well and noticed many more items that carry this the "Certified" name and same colour scheme packaging.

Yes. Certified is one of CT's own brands along with Motomaster, OE Plus, etc. It's just the name. All the parts are sourced from different manufacturers/companies. For this reason, Purolator seems to be their current filter provider, but it could change to Fram or someone else in the future. I believe their Motomaster filters are made by Fram and OE Plus made by Champ.

If you take a look at this thread: OE Plus filter you can see that CT likes to use Fram numbers for all of their filters. In this thread it is the OE Plus, which is made by Champ. Further down in the thread you'll see another mislead poster refer to the 'Certigard' filter they purchased as being made by Fram. Their confusion over the nitrile ADBV should have instead been their clue to realizing it is a Purolator despite the Fram part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back