Road Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work colleague's wife had a catastrophic flat and she was lucky it was not at high speed.

Her 2018 Subaru Legacy tire was replaced with another OEM tire at the Subaru dealer for $160. I think it was a Goodyear Eagle LS-2.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Brybo86
Looks like a utility blade

Bingo u are correct! Insane stuff.
TRack is selling the same tire for $109.
This is 2nd tire he bought from the same Subaru stealership. The 1st one suffered curb damage.

Installed at the dealer not too bad of price. Ford was advertising great tires prices and have now stopped that as it had to be false advertising. Said they could beat anyone's price. Goodyear Integrity for my sable was $160 each. Walmart had the same tire $58 and dealer would not match.

Originally Posted by spk2000
Installed at the dealer not too bad of price. Ford was advertising great tires prices and have now stopped that as it had to be false advertising. Said they could beat anyone's price. Goodyear Integrity for my sable was $160 each. Walmart had the same tire $58 and dealer would not match.

Incredible. Conicelli Toyota currently has a buy 3 and get the 4th for $1 but cannot get Goodyear WeatherReady and says it is not part of the promotion. However, Thompson Lexus can get a set of WeatherReady (Oct promo) 225/55/17 installed and matches TireRack prices. Only month of October and only Lexus cars. Promo timing and conditions are everything. I had to put it on a excel spreadsheet .

Originally Posted by Chris142
You would be amazed at how many people would blame the tire for that.

Paraphrasing more Tire Rack reviews than I can count: "These tires pick up more nails than any I've ever had before. I'll never buy this brand again!"
smirk2.gif

Yikes! Not the tire's fault, but those are horrible tires. I've also had them as OEM. I think I would have thought of an excuse to replace them all. (tell the wife since it's AWD, have to replace all 4)
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kkreit01
Yikes! Not the tire's fault, but those are horrible tires. I've also had them as OEM. I think I would have thought of an excuse to replace them all. (tell the wife since it's AWD, have to replace all 4)
smile.gif

Last winter, the Legacy performed extremely well with the GY LS-2. His wife sees no reason to change tires early and is convinced the Subaru dealer knows best despite the tire ranking 50 out of 52 in the TRack survey.

His other car a 2012 Honda Odyssey LX, consumed two sets of Michelin ($1600) in 50K mi before he realized there was a tread wear issue despite warnings on
TRack.

Why did he buy the 2nd set of Michelin? Because the Honda dealer recommended them and Michelin is marketed as the best. She believes the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back