Xfinity removed TCM from HD preferred!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I watch this channel a lot. Very upsetting.

Anybody else have this happen recently?

Other than complaining to some kid in a call centre in "who knows where"
what recourse is there?

This is a major channel removed without notice other than a fine print foot note on the last bill.

I'm already paying $239/ month with only 1 TV (no DVR) for "triple play" with HBO.

That's just shy of three grand a year! Im retired now and I must revisit this cost. I do want local channels without using a HDTV antenna.

thanks for any responses

- Ken

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Cut the cord with Directv a few months ago. Decided to start streaming my tv instead. I've been using Youtube TV ever since and have no regrets.

I still get my local channels in HD, I still have 95% of the channels I was watching on satellite, and the signal doesn't cut out when it rains.
thumbsup2.gif
And at 1/3 the price I was paying!

For $50 a month it's something you might want to check out. You can pay a few dollars more a month to add additional channels.

Last edited:
$239 is high for what you are watching. either switch to dish or directV for a new customer deal and get a much better price for a year or two.

I have Xfinity with some called Internet Pro Plus where I pay $91 + $10 HD and $12 tax fee for High speed internet (150/5) and local channels and really basic cable.

I use an Ooma for $5/month for internet home phone.

$239 a month???...³

Go with internet streaming. You can buy whichever channels you want and skip all the junk for a whole lot cheaper.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

This is a major channel removed without notice other than a fine print foot note on the last bill.

I'm already paying $239/ month with only 1 TV (no DVR) for "triple play" with HBO.

That's just shy of three grand a year! Im retired now and I must revisit this cost. I do want local channels without using a HDTV antenna.

Xfinity is not a good company. Can I say, "Sucks"? It's what we have right now and we'll be changing away soon. We got it for the full ESPN package but some ESPN channels are "extra" with the full package.
smirk2.gif
Way too expensive for what you get. Might have to go back to rabbit ears LOL.

Originally Posted by dippschtick

Cut the cord with Directv a few months ago. Decided to start streaming my tv instead. I've been using Youtube TV ever since and have no regrets.

I still get my local channels in HD, I still have 95% of the channels I was watching on satellite, and the signal doesn't cut out when it rains.
thumbsup2.gif

For $50 a month it's something you might want to check out. You can pay a few dollars more a month to add additional channels.

Been thinking of going this route also. What's the source for your internet? (Might not be available to me, but looking at options...)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
$239 a month???...³

Go with internet streaming. You can buy whichever channels you want and skip all the junk for a whole lot cheaper.

Internet still costs locally past the intro offer . I think around $70 per month for a decent tier.

Originally Posted by JLTD

Xfinity is not a good company. Can I say, "Sucks"? It's what we have right now and we'll be changing away soon. We got it for the full ESPN package but some ESPN channels are "extra" with the full package.
smirk2.gif
Way too expensive for what you get. Might have to go back to rabbit ears LOL.

thumbsup2.gif

Been thinking of going this route also. What's the source for your internet? (Might not be available to me, but looking at options...)

I use a local ISP w/ 75MB connection speed. Does everything I need it to do. Just make sure you have a plan with unlimited monthly data.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Originally Posted by PimTac
$239 a month???...³

Internet still costs locally past the intro offer . I think around $70 per month for a decent tier.

That's about what I pay. The internet gets used for much more than television so I'm not sure how to factor that in. So much of this stuff is packaged in a broad use way like Amazon Prime for example. There are several free tv apps with their pros and cons as well.

Same here. Comcast or Xfinity was the only high speed internet supplier in my town for ever. The town built out its own gigabit ethernet and then comcast freaked out as half had dropped. I heard sling tv is a great alternative.

Xfinity does remove channels on occasion. Frustrating when you pay $240 a month.

Have you inquired about how to regain it? They may comp it no fee given your $240 a month bill they collect.

Xfinity Internet around $70.00 in towns where they have no competition is a correct price. I bought an antenna and mounted it on my roof-get 60 channels. Then bought a Tablo DVR for OTA recording. We are saving $70.00/month. Now we watch Hula, Netflick, etc for supplemental entertainment,

OP-your price is way too high for one TV.

Yet another reason to cut the cord. The free stations, they tend to be better anyways.

Decades, Comet, Buzzer, why pay!

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Switch to DISH.

Dish is dead to me. 10+ year customer and they charged me 35.00 to return their equip when i cancelled. Then they charged another 200+ dollars for not returning the equip even though i did. Had to chargeback them. They still send me bills.

Better to cut all TV and supplement with streaming services.

thumbsup2.gif

Sorry I was away today doing some major tree trimming.

I have no shot at a satellite with 100 Foot King pines all around me.
I live in a log cabin in the woods.

I was thinking about going to a VOIP phone

and streaming TV . The youtube tv sounds interesting. How does the local channel access work? You using the service of HDTV over the air?

I dont want to have to supplement local news with HD Antenna because that reception is poor as I'm 75+ mile s from the transmitter

So a streaming service with local channels would be great.
I'm O.K. with paying $70 -100 a month for HS internet . I currently have 200MB/S nominal I haven't pinged a speed test recently.

How fast do you need for HD TV movies?

Last edited:

So a streaming service with local channels would be great.
I'm O.K. with paying $70 -100 a month for HS internet . I currently have 200MB/S nominal I haven't pinged a speed test recently.

How fast do you need for HD TV movies?

25mbps was enough to have 3 1080p streams (YouTube/Netflix/Hulu) all running at the same time. 200mbps (what I have now) will give you absolutely no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back