Dake Arbor Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove to Tyler, Texas (@400 mile round trip) to pick it up this morning. One of the nicest old Dake's I've seen in awhile.....Other than being dirty & dry, It's in like new condition.

Greased the Ram after cleaning/scrubbing the dried-up grease off with alcohol along with spraying the spindle & ratcheting mechanism down with PB Blaster.....It now works like new!

I'm completely spoiled as I've had a Arbor Press available to me most of my career, Almost essential for quality/precise bushing & seal installation on automatic transmission builds. But also has many uses in general automotive repair. Like Starter bushings, Front cover seals, Valve cover/spark plug tube seals, OCV valve seals, PS pump shaft seals, U-joints, Carrier side bearings, Light duty wheel bearing service etc etc.

Got to plan out where it goes in the shop....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

....So it's a squeezer? It has lever and some gearing to bring mechanical advantage to the work.

Like a hydraulic press, could it have accompanying jigs and platforming hardware?

Originally Posted by P10crew
There ya go CLine another road trip that you will remember forever!

Originally Posted by P10crew
Is the table removable?

I'll remember the traffic jamb coming back through Dallas County on I-20! Not sure which one I hate more.....Dallas or Austin? The huge groves of 60'-80' Pine trees in East Texas is definitely a change of scenery compared to the Oak & Mesquite trees here.

The table is removable, I'm going to remove the added locating tab as I don't see the point in it & the welds are crappy. The original "Daisy Wheel" is long gone.....Going to buy a new one along with a pad adaptor for the Ram.

Every Arbor Press I've ever see came with a Daisy Wheel, Now that I really look at this solid table.....I wonder if it came with the press? The pin fits too perfectly & seem to nice for your average shop made accessory.

This one is to replace my 5 ton that I lost when I quit the hot rod shop, Jokes on them because it was a beat-up/worn out JET
lol.gif
While this one is only 3 tons.......It has way more under the Ram clearance!

Yep yep I can tell by the pics . Very similar open height as mine. My daisy wheel is cast iron and by now is hard as a dammed rock. If they want crazy $ for a new one just send me a drawing and I'll water jet cut one from A36 no prob.

As far as the locating pin. Mine has that as well. My original table is round with full holes not daisy pedals.

a friend got one like this off cl last year.
marked as odd drill press missing parts.
well they got the press part right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back