Tire brand question

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but they I'm sure they couldn't approach the quality of the Ling Long brand.

What kind of car is it for? What tire size? What driving conditions?

Originally Posted by sloinker
No, but they I'm sure they couldn't approach the quality of the Ling Long brand.

Linglong has the best mascot ever
laugh.gif

Tires, brakes and wipers are all terrible places to save a few $$$. They are insurance against the wrath of road conditions, other drivers and mother nature. A set of Cooper
s or BF Goodrich touring tires is like another $60-70 total for all 4 over the Ling Longs and other China tires. They are much better tires. The smallest of accidents will typically add a zero to those $ amounts. It's not like you have a time machine and can go back to before an accident happens and buy better tires*.

Originally Posted by GZRider
Tires, brakes and wipers are all terrible places to save a few $$$. They are insurance against the wrath of road conditions, other drivers and mother nature. A set of Cooper
s or BF Goodrich touring tires is like another $60-70 total for all 4 over the Ling Longs and other China tires. They are much better tires. The smallest of accidents will typically add a zero to those $ amounts. It's not like you have a time machine and can go back to before an accident happens and buy better tires*.

Bingo. My dad bought the cheapest Chinese 60k warranty tires he could find for their van once... those tires were absolutely trashed by about 20k. The Yokohama's that replaces them have been great for over 40k.

Originally Posted by Skippy722

Bingo. My dad bought the cheapest Chinese 60k warranty tires he could find for their van once... those tires were absolutely trashed by about 20k. The Yokohama's that replaces them have been great for over 40k.

^this
Cheap tires wont last as long as good tires. They have their place (i.e., pre-sale) but otherwise it is worth spending a little more. On the other hand I have been disappointed with several Michelin models over the years, so premium brand/price does not necessarily mean premium product. Just pick a few reputable brands and start doing your homework before committing. And buying from a place with a 30 day exchange policy is not a bad move in case the tires disappoint from the start.

Last edited:
I have actually had the 225/70R 14 versions of these tires on my Chevelle which I bought 2 years ago. At the time the tires were said to be knew. I used to be a fan of BF Goodrich Radial GT's and Cooper tires as they are some of the only ones left with solid white lettering. Originally, I was gonna swap the tires and get Cooper's as the BF Goodrich's never last and do not feel solid in the rain to me. I can say that 2 years later these tires still look fresh with zero signs of odd wear, discoloration or cracks. Quite frankly in the case of an A body car they hold the road and handle better for me than the others mentioned. They are not available locally but I have to say I am impressed so far.

I'm running Lexani LX-30 on the rear of my Slingshot. Its the third one I've used. It is made in China. So are a lot of well known brand names. Main reason I initially tried Lexani was the odd size on my machine was hard to find and extremely expensive. Limited research indicated Lexani is owned by Nexan for what that may be worth. I'd consider using them on my everyday back and forth driver, which is about all I use the Slingshot for. Wet weather traction is not all that good tho...........

Originally Posted by 007
So I guess no one has any specific knowledge of this tire make and model.

Doesn't sound like it. It is a mostly unknown brand. It would probably be fair to guess that they < 0.5% of the tire market here in the USA. So it shouldn't be surprising that there is no experience with them.

Were you able to find anything with a Google search?

Originally Posted by 007
So I guess no one has any specific knowledge of this tire make and model.

I had tires of that make, but different model, Telstar Weatherizer. Worst tires in wet I've ever owned, including bias plies.

That means nothing to you, as a different model by the same brand might be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back