2009 Ford F350 making Fords great again.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down to the last details before I send the drive shafts out for machining on my Detroit 4-53T swap.:)

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4K_1PKzqWQ&t=12s

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
I see you wrapped the exhaust side pipes, is that to keep heat away from under the hood?

More for the air conditioning than anything else.

Originally Posted by 02SE
You don't see a GM 2-stroke in a Ford every day. Did the Navistar 6.4 die?

Cool swap.
cool.gif

Started to eat the high pressure fuel pump. This took out injector 1 and 2 and left a debrie of metal in the rest of the fuel system. After adding up the figures I decided to cut my losses and put my Detroit in this truck. I've sold the 6.4 as a rebuildable core and covered the cost of my swap.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
What HP and TQ specs on it?

At this point in time I'm estimating 230-250 HP and 550-585 LB FT of torque. This is a huge drop from my 500 HP and 1000 LB FT of torque the 6.4 had.

Amazing install !!!! The Detroit install looks much better that the Ford engine !! Turbos Detroit 2 strokes are really nice.

Originally Posted by CT8
Amazing install !!!! The Detroit install looks much better that the Ford engine !! Turbos Detroit 2 strokes are really nice.

Thanks, sound a lot better as well.:)

Originally Posted by A310
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
What HP and TQ specs on it?

At this point in time I'm estimating 230-250 HP and 550-585 LB FT of torque. This is a huge drop from my 500 HP and 1000 LB FT of torque the 6.4 had.

Still very impressive out of 212 cubic inches, How much boost pressure are you running?

Wow, neat swap! Seems tight in there, how will you change those two filters on the side? By removing the fender?

What was the original spec on the 6.4? I'd suspect uprsting it was part of its demise....

Unless you're routinely pulling very large loads, I doubt that 585 ft lbs will be an issue...

How did you engineer the operation of the sequential turbos?

Are you using a stand-alone controller for the transmission shifting?

Originally Posted by dlundblad
What do you expect the fuel mileage to be?

I am guessing 12-14 MPG

Not sure how that coverts to liter/100 Km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back